• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add blank pages to a PDF
Question 
I would like to add blank pages to the end of a PDF such that I can use the snipping tool to take extracts from the score and add them to the blank pages as a practice list.

The trouble I am having is that if I use this method:
'Edit File' - 'Files' - '+' -  'Blank Pages'
I cannot use the snipping tool on those pages as they are not a PDF

If I then try to convert the blank pages to a PDF using the '3 Dots' I get the following error:
"Unable to load"  followed by the page number and file location.

So I exported the blank pages to PDF using the share button, then import that new PDF, add it to the score using 'Edit File' - 'Files' - '+' - 'Local File'
Great, I can snip and paste onto the blank pages, however the process of exporting has tinted the pages green/grey... (attached image to show what I mean)

- Is there a reason that converting blank pages to PDF causes them to be unable to load?

- Why does exporting to PDF via share button cause the pages to change colour?

- Is there a different method I should be using to get my desired result?

Very much enjoying the app otherwise, appreciate any help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The new page ordering UI completely solves this issue. Go to the Files tab of the song editor, tap the page order field for a PDF, and you can then insert blank pages into the PDF (which will work just fine with the snipping tool). As far as your questions:

- Is there a reason that converting blank pages to PDF causes them to be unable to load?

That sounds like a bug. I'll look into it. 

- Why does exporting to PDF via share button cause the pages to change colour?

That's a very good question - I've never seen that before. What setting are you currently using for the page color tone in the display mode settings? This could very well be a bug with the PDF library I'm using. I would need a copy of the PDF you are using to test this though. Send that to mike@zubersoft.com if possible, and if I can reproduce the issue, I'll send it to the company that makes the PDF library so they can fix the bug with their library.

- Is there a different method I should be using to get my desired result?

The page order UI as mentioned above should work better for you. Please note that this *will* modify the PDF used by the song, so if that's not going to work for you, let me know.

Mike
I wasn't able to reproduce the issue with converting a blank page to a PDF with the latest build, so you'll have to see if you encounter any errors with version 3.8.19. I was able to fix the issue with the color though (it was due to an issue with the bitmap color format, which was RGB565 instead of ARGB8888).

Mike