• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
removing imported file
Hello: 
I imported a .csv and pdf in the same folder, only to find they don't quite match when the song names are listed. I've been trying to find a way to delete the pdf, which is of a fakebook, and the csv and leave the other files intact in the database. Anyone have any suggestions?
I don't know if this will help, but I've found myself doing this very thing a few times during my learning process.

If anyone has a better way, I'm all ears.  I'm still a noob to this product.

So, what I do that makes it possible is to import each csv into a unique collection. <edit> ****
Without some kind of unique to each import identifier I don't believe this is can be done without some tedious process.

So, to set the scene:
  1. All my fake/real books are in a single library (for information, I use separate libraries for the different bands I'm in)
  2. Each csv import is to a uniquely named collection (this can be assigned in the csv OR manually during the import process)

To delete a particular csv's imports:
  1. Select the unique collection you imported into.  This will put the collection name at the top left with the number of songs in it in parentheses.  Note this number.
  2. Select the "Songs" option.  Of course all the songs in the database will be listed and the total number of songs will be shown in parentheses on the songs tab.
  3. In the search field specify the unique collection name.  This will filter the song list and the songs tab will show the filtered number over the total number of songs in parentheses.  You want the filtered number to match the number of songs in the collection that you noted earlier.  If they don't match you need to figure out why before going any further.
  4. If all is OK, long press any song in the filtered list.  The list will have check boxes added and the song you pressed will be checked.
  5. Press the "open" square in the small popup that appears at the bottom right.  This will check every song in the filtered list.
  6. Press Delete Song.  IIRC you will get a confirmation prompt plus the option to delete any pdfs and recordings associated.  I generally choose not to delete the PDF as it will probably be right and after I correct the csv file I can retry the import.

I hope this has been helpful.

<edit>
**** Just figured out another unique identifier that you can use:
In the search section you can select the criteria to search.  Use the "File Path" option.
In the search field, simply put the name of the PDF that the csv is associated with, or enough of it to uniquely identify the songs imported from it via the csv.
This can be done instead of the using the collection name in step 3 and you can ignore step 1 in the deletion process above.
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X
Hi Lawrie:
you addendum at the end worked indeed. Thank you and for your other tips!!
Cool, glad it helped.  Cool
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X