• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
waiting for connection to PC
Dear all,
i am new on board, and didn't manage to get connection via companion.
both, the PC and the tablet are in the same LAN, companion is running on the PC, connection from the tablet is waiting .... Editing the IP mentioned on the tab at the companion manually results in several retry, but no connection.
How to go on?
Axel
Try turning the wifi on the tablet off, waiting a few seconds and back on again

If that doesn't work then read  Connecting Tablet issues (zubersoft.com)  (I know you are not connecting 2 tablets but I suspect the conternt still applies)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
If you are using the latest versions of both the companion app and tablet app, then the connection issue is most likely caused by a firewall or router issue. There are usually only a few things you need to look at:

1) On Windows 10, go to the settings for your current network. One way of doing this is clicking the network icon in the taskbar at the bottom right corner in the Windows taskbar, then click on "Change connection properties", and on the dialog showing the network settings for your current network, click "Private". If "Public" is selected, it can cause packets to be blocked. On Windows 11, go to Settings->Network & internet, click "Properties" at the top right below the name of your ethernet or wifi connection, then change the network profile type to "Private network".
2) Next, go to Windows Firewall, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall" and make sure both private and public are checked for MobileSheets Companion
3) If you still can't connect to your Android device after performing steps #1 and #2, then if you have anti-virus or firewall software running, you should try disabling them to see if they are interfering with the connection.
4) The last thing you should try is rebooting your router. This fixes connection problems frequently for users

If this does not help, I'm going to need more information about the router you are using and whether it utilizes a mesh network. Mesh networks can cause issues, so you can try disabling that functionality to see if it resolves the connection problems. Additionally, if you have multiple WiFi access points (2.4 GHz band vs 5 GHz band, for example), please make sure both devices are on the same access point. If one device is on the 2.4 GHz band and the other is on the 5 GHz band, this may stop the TCP connection from succeeding between the two, as they are technically on two different subnets. 

Mike