• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sync library to a backup file online
Hi,
I have mobilesheets on an ipad and on a boox tablet and to synchronize them I backed them up and then I use the sync option but I discovered I cannot use a file online but only local file. It could be a good option for me to add this possibility.
Thanks
Regards
Michele
The "Sync to a backup file" is a rarely used feature. Is there a reason you are not either just backing up a library and restoring it on the other device under Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup, or synchronizing the devices directly over WiFi? You can also sync to a cloud folder if that is your desire.

Mike
I use more the Boox and my son use more the iPad so it’s often the case they are not sync. I tried to use the wi-fi sync but I was not able to male them see each other. I was thinking that it should not be so difficult to add the possibility to point to a dropbox or google drive as it’a already done for import and backup.
Thanks
With the "Synchronize to a device" feature, there is a "Direct Connect" button you can press. If you enter the IP address for the other device, are you not able to establish a connection? Make sure you have one device set as the server, and you've tapped "Create Server" first, but then you should be able to connect if both devices are on the same network. If you have a router with multiple bands, make sure they are connected to the same band, and if it is a mesh router, you may want to disable the mesh features temporarily if they are causing connection problems.

As far as your question, MobileSheets can't stream data directly from Google Drive or Dropbox on all platforms. So all it would be doing is first downloading the file, and then performing the sync on a local file. You can just manually download the file yourself if that is your desire, or use the Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup feature to restore the backup file from the cloud (which also downloads the file first in most cases).

Regardless, I think you should be using the "Synchronize to a cloud folder" feature if you just want to synchronize the two devices. That's going to be much faster than having to create a full library backup file every time. Is there a reason you are not using this since you want to depend on the cloud anyways?

Mike
I didn’t consider the option to synchronize to a folder. I tried and it works fine.
Thanks!