• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 - finger slide problem
Hi folks, I'm in the annotations editor, and although I can zoom in and out of my sheet music using diagonal finger movement, I can't navigate around the zoomed page using 2 fingers aligned horizontally or vertically. Is this a problem with my tablet, a settings problem or a bug? Tablet is an 11 inch Polaroid, using Android 4.1.1

Suggestions for work-arounds would be welcome
Thanks
Mark
(01-20-2014, 09:25 PM)mark12356 Wrote: Hi folks, I'm in the annotations editor, and although I can zoom in and out of my sheet music using diagonal finger movement, I can't navigate around the zoomed page using 2 fingers aligned horizontally or vertically. Is this a problem with my tablet, a settings problem or a bug? Tablet is an 11 inch Polaroid, using Android 4.1.1

Suggestions for work-arounds would be welcome
Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark,

I don't know whether this will help, but I have found that MobileSheets is very sensitive to the alignment of my fingers when I am doing the two-finger drag. Specifically, I have a hard time getting it to work with my index and middle fingers, since they aren't at the same vertical position. However, if I use my index & ring finger, it works much better. You could also try turning your hand to the right or left (depending on whether you are using your right or left hand) so the fingertips are correctly aligned.

Let me know if either of these suggestions work for you.

Mike
Hi Snard, thanks for this reply.

I've tried aligning my fingers through a narrow arc around vertical and horizontal, and nothing seems to work. When I zoom the page, I get a blue dotted rectangle that encloses the area to be zoomed, that stays resolutely in the middle of the page. It displays the % zoom that varies as I move my fingers apart or together.

Once zoomed, when putting my fingers back on the screen, at whatever angle, I get the zoom % again, never a moving window onto the page.

The files I use are all PDFs, scanned at various resolutions.

(By the way, the 2-finger-slide zoom and scan works fine if I read the MobileSheets manual in the Kindle app, in PDF form on the same tablet)
I don't use the zoom function, as I scaled all the PDF's when I scanned them. However, I can tell you that the blue rectangle "that stays resolutely in the middle of the page" is the way it currently works.

I believe Mike has said more sophisticated zooming options are planned for a later release, Until that day it is what it is.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
If you are seeing a zoom percentage, that would indicate that you are not in the annotations editor. The two finger panning only works inside the editor. In the current version of the software, you cannot pan the sheet music outside of the annotation editor. That is one of the things I'm fixing in version 5 (it required significant changes to the way PDFs are displayed). This means that if your PDF is not centered, zooming may cut off parts of the music.

Mike
Thanks, Mike, you hit the nail on the head. I thought it might be something stupid like that. I thought I was in the annotations editor when the overlay was displayed. My bad.
Cheers
M