• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup only PART of a library? Is this possible?
The standard Library Backup function backs up EVERYTHING.....all sheet music, and all audio files.
But, is there a way to do a PARTIAL BACKUP?   Like, just backup the files named in a specific 
Collection, and skip the rest?

Here's why I'm asking:

I'm in a Barbershop Quartet.  I have hundreds of files (many are free, many are paid for with copyrights,
and some are custom-done arrangements that are REALLY expensive and cannot be shared with ANYONE).   

If some other Barbershop singer gets a copy of MobileSheets, and wants me to give him all of the "free" files
(including PDF scores AND audio tracks), is there a way to do this?   If I have all those files in a COLLECTION,
can I back up just THE FILES in that specific COLLECTION, (skipping all the copyrighted materials).....
then restore all of those files to a different PC or Tablet?  (PDFs,and their associated song files)?    Or, is MobileSheets constrained to backup ONLY the ENTIRE LIBRARY, with no way to include or omit the files listed in a specific collection?

***********Alternatively............
If I create a COLLECTION or a SETLIST..........can I have MobileSheets export all of the files JUST IN THAT LIST,
to some folder with the structure intact?   (An UNCOMPRESSED copy, NOT a BACKUP???)   

SETLISTS can export the PDFs, but can I get the songs in the list to export the ENTIRE CONTENTS of the named songs?   Specifically, if I have a song title in a SETLIST, does it export JUST the PDF of the score, or does it export ALL of the files associated with that song title?   (And, are they in SEPARATE FOLDERS, or are the exported files all jammed together in a single output folder of some sort???)

It would be VERY convenient to be able to backup and restore PARTIAL LIBRARIES.......and perhaps "merge" a block of songs into an existing library without erasing all of the existing library's contents.   Looking over your user's manuals, I can't see a way to do this operation.
Hi William,

Yes you can export all of the songs of just a collection or setlist.

Go to the setlist.
Select one song in it.
Then press the box icon that appeared at the bottom right of the screen, to select all songs in that setlist.
Then press 'share' at the top right of the screen
Choose export as .MSF this will create one file with all the selected songs in it.
Choose a file picker
Choose a location (and name) for the file
Press save
choose which song data you want exported into the file (metadata, annotations, midi commands, audio file)
Wait for the file creation completed message.

Share that file with the other barbershop singers (they will also need Mobilesheets to load the file)
The other singer should then choose 'Import' in MobileSheets and select the file he/she received from you

You may have to experiment a bit to find out what will happen in case the recipient of the file already has one of the songs in his/her own Mobilisheets library. (is it overwritten or not)

Hope that helps

Rudy