• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to purposely make sync Library files Annotation embedded PDF
Hello, I want to use the sync Library to a Google drive folder not really as a back up but as something that would allow me to pull up my "backup" on Google drive anywhere without issue. I understand it wouldn't actually be used as a backup since there are issues with annotation emmebed PDF's. Is there a way for me to make files synced to my Google drive automatically create a annotation embedded pdf? It wouldn't be a 2 way snyc btw just a secondary place to veiw all my PDFs.
There isn't an automatic way to do that, as the annotations are stored in the database, not in the PDFs. If you embed the annotations in all of your songs, or if you export them using the sharing feature, then you can have PDFs with the annotations in them. I described this a bit in a recent post, but the PDF specification is somewhat limiting in terms of the annotations you can create. There are also issues with embedding some of the fonts used for stamps and such, so MobileSheets has to transform the annotations quite a bit to embed them (stamps just become images instead of text, for example). So that is why MobileSheets stores them in the database instead of the PDF itself - that way I don't have as many limitations in terms of what I can support, and it also ensures the underlying file is not modified in any way which is important to some users.  What you can do is sort your songs by last date modified and only export the latest ones if you want to manually have backups of all of your files.

Mike