• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E-Ink-Version bug
In the newest Version 3.8.19 there seems to be a new bug in the e-ink version. If I go to settings, I cannot select the first menu item. If I select it, it jumps directliy to the second item. If I select again the first one, it becomes an all black square, but nothings changes on the right side.

I remember there was a problem with the first item earlier and it was solved by adding an empty first item. This empty line has gone now in the new version. Maybe it is related? I have a Max Lumi.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-30-2023, 02:50 AM)daniel Wrote: In the newest Version 3.8.19 there seems to be a new bug in the e-ink version. If I go to settings, I cannot select the first menu item. If I select it, it jumps directliy to the second item. If I select again the first one, it becomes an all black square, but nothings changes on the right side.

I remember there was a problem with the first item earlier and it was solved by adding an empty first item. This empty line has gone now in the new version. Maybe it is related? I have a Max Lumi.

I can confirm that too
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
Things got a little messed up when I merged changes between versions. I'll get it fixed shortly.

Thanks,
Mike
I've pushed out a new build, so if you restart and install the update, it should be fixed.

Mike
Thank you for the quick reaction. This is one of the reasons why I love this software. Even minor bugs are fixed quickly.

Daniel
Daniel, how is your experience with MSP on Max lumi?

Is it comparable to other operating systems?
I'm using a Tab X (and before that the Note Air). MSP eink really rocks on that one. Recently I've tried a regular 12" android tablet as 2nd tablet for book mode, but it cannot hold up to the size, aspect ratio and epaper screen of the Tab X. They're not cheap, but amazing to display scores with MSP. Of course you cannot expect scroll speeds and page turn speeds like on a non-epaper screen. But you get all the epaper benefits in turn..
Thank you, Eink will only get better. 

I might wait for another Tab X update (or 2)

Definitely interested.
Just a small follow up. Currently I am using Version 3.8.24. The UI-glitch mentioned in my first post has "almost" been resolved. In the past view days I noticed a small inconsistency. In the settings the first entry is empty and if i click on this empty line, the second line (Info) is selected. I think this is intended. But if Info is selected and I click again on the first emtpy entry, the empty line becomes selected (see linked Video). This is absolutely not a problem and no big deal, but maybe it can be resolved easily?

Daniel
Hi Daniel,
I'm using a TabX, English language, and I don't have this problem.  I did in 3.8.19 (I think it was) but the update fixed it and it's been fine since.

Could it be some difference between the Max Lumi (which I believe you're using) and the TabX which I'm using.  Or is it language related?
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X
To test I changed yet the language to english. The problem remains. If "About" is not selected and I tap on the first empty line, the selection changes to the second one, i.e. "About". If "About" is already selected it changes to the first empty line, which gets selected. Could certainly be model specific.
I've fixed this issue for the next update - thanks for letting me know about it.

Mike