• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import from NAS
I've just switched from MobileSheets Windows to Android and I can't figure out how to import from my local network drive (NAS) which used to be so easy with Windows. I'm sure I'm just missing something really obvious.

Thanks!

Tracy
How do you connect to your network drive normally?  SMB, NFS, SFTP?  Something else?

Everyone's network is set up differently depending on what hardware and operating systems they use.

On my network I talk to my fileserver using NFS from my desktop computers and I copy files to and from my portable devices (laptops, tablets) using SFTP.  I use the Total Commander App on Android to copy files and do some other handy things as well.
If you're a zombie and you know it, bite your friend!
We got both kinds of music: Country AND Western
(12-04-2023, 02:12 PM)Frank Cox Wrote: How do you connect to your network drive normally?  SMB, NFS, SFTP?  Something else?

Everyone's network is set up differently depending on what hardware and operating systems they use.

On my network I talk to my fileserver using NFS from my desktop computers and I copy files to and from my portable devices (laptops, tablets) using SFTP.  I use the Total Commander App on Android to copy files and do some other handy things as well.

My NAS is WDMyCloud which is attached to my router and it appears in MobileSheets for Windows under "Local File" but I don't see it there in MobileSheets for Android. It looks like I'm using the SMB protocol. I can see the drive using certain Android file managers but not in MobileSheets.

Thanks.

Tracy
'
You can try using Import->System File Browser to use an external application to import from your NAS. I do want to add support for the SMB protocol in MobileSheets, but it's going to involve implementing a lot of code to manage the connection, allow the user to enter the IP address and username/password, integrate third party libraries as needed, etc.

Mike
(12-04-2023, 03:45 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: You can try using Import->System File Browser to use an external application to import from your NAS. I do want to add support for the SMB protocol in MobileSheets, but it's going to involve implementing a lot of code to manage the connection, allow the user to enter the IP address and username/password, integrate third party libraries as needed, etc.

Mike

Thanks.