• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genos2
Hi,

I am able to load a song on my new Genos2 and it will load in MobileSheets but not the other way around like it did on Genos before. Is there anthing I can do?

Sincerely - Michael
Sicerely Yours

Michael
If you go to Settings->MIDI Settings->Configure MIDI Connections, which MIDI library are you currently using? It's worth trying both the "Default" and "Google" libraries to see if this has any impact on the problem. It's possible something has changed with the Genos 2 firmware though when compared to the original Genos. 

One thing that would be helpful is go to the MIDI tab of the song editor, tap the last icon on the right to bring up the MIDI listen dialog and then load a song on the Genos 2. Please take a screenshot of the messages that are received. I can then check this against the current implementation for the Genos.

Thanks,
Mike
Hello Mike,

thanks for your answer.

I use the Bluetooth adapter MD-BT01 from Yamaha to connect the Genos2 and the Samsung Tab S9 Ultra  with Android 13 and One-UI 5.1.1. The Midi library “Google” is set up in MobleSheets (Screeshot 1).

I can't connect with the "Preset" library.

When you select a registration button, the corresponding song is loaded; Screenshot 2 shows the received messages.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sicerely Yours

Michael
Michael,

Your first screenshot shows that you have connected the input port but you have not connected the output port. That means MobileSheets can receive but not send. Please click the output port to connect to that as well, then you can send and receive and it should all work.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Unfortunately that wasn't the solution to the problem. I have now connected both ports and when I call up a registration I receive the following messages (there are approx. 2 screen pages):

Sicerely Yours

Michael
If you tap the link icon on the MIDI tab of the song editor, is MobileSheets able to successfully link to the registration? If so, long press the second batch command (the one set to "Send on Song Load") and tap the button to test the MIDI command. Try switching registrations on the keyboard, then press the test button again. Does the keyboard switch back? If not, something is wrong with the Genos 2 where it's not accepting the system exclusive messages to change the registration. If no other user has reported success with the Genos 2 here on the forums, then that mean that KORG has changed something in the Genos 2 firmware itself. I'm not sure I have another explanation. Has anyone else tested the Genos 2 keyboard?

Mike
Sadly I do not own a Genos 2 so I cannot test this.
On the other hand, I have not seen any reports of issues with MobileSheets (or Songbook+) and Genos 2 on the psr forum either, so I am guessing Yamaha did not change anything in that regard ...

@Michael Did you load the 'All Parts' midi template on your Genos 2 (if it stilll exists on Genos 2 ?). Do you have 'system exclusive message' transmit AND receive both active on Genos 2?
If your answer is yes to both questions, it would be nice if you were to have an USB cable available to test with in stead of the  MD-BT01 and try this to see if that works.

Rudy
Hello Mike, hello Rudy,

thanks for your support. I've now been able to try a few things and found that with a USB cable connection between the Yamaha Genos2 and the MobileSheets on my Android tablet, the loading of registration banks can be controlled from MobileSheets. So it works both ways.

However, when I connect using the Yamaha MD-BT01 adapter, which I can only set up in "Google mode", calling registrations from MobileSheets does not work.

The MIDI configuration on the Genos2 is "All Parts" in both cases.

In fact, Yamaha seems to have changed something in the area of the Midi connection via the Bluetooth dongle compared to the Genos. You cannot make any settings regarding the Bluetooth dongle on the keyboard itself.

I can currently live with it and would like to emphasize that I am extremely satisfied with Mobilesheets and have never regretted my decision to use it.

I will inform Yamaha of this "change" from Genos to Genos2. Maybe this little problem will be solved at some point in the future; At the moment the Genos2 is still on the market for a very short time.
Sicerely Yours

Michael
Glad you were able to localise the issue and thanks for reporting back!

Rudy
Hi,

I can also confirm that all works fine on Genos 2.
I have setup saved from Genos 2 and didn't have to change anything.

Calling from/to Genos2 works with not problems.
Hi,

do you use a usb-or a bluetooth connection?
Sicerely Yours

Michael
(12-13-2023, 04:11 AM)MichaelW Wrote: Hi,

do you use a usb-or a bluetooth connection?

I am using BT with Widi Master
I"m going to try widi master instead of yamahas BT01 as well and will report.
Sicerely Yours

Michael
Good morning,

I have now found out that the error I described probably only occurs when the Genos2 interacts with the Yamaha MD-BT01, while it still worked perfectly with the Genos1.

With a CME Midi Master, the connection also works in both directions with the Genos2 as usual.

By the way, the MD-BT01 I've been using so far is just a year old; It shouldn't actually be due to the firmware being too old. I informed Yamaha again.

Thanks to all who helped me.
Sicerely Yours

Michael
That's great news Michael - thanks for sharing that information!

Mike