• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Sheets Vs Scanscore Vs Musescore.
I have a Chromebook All-in-one.  It looks like a laptop, but I can fold the keyboard all the way back and use it on a music stand like a tablet.

Part One:  I'd really like to go to rehearsal and scan in new music right there and then.  I got ScanScore for this, but Scanscore is only Windows or Apple.  It won't work on my Chromebook.  Scanning off my laptop is really pretty weak.

I bought an External Camera for my Chromebook.  Mobilesheets doesn't recognize it. Please tell me how to do this.

With Musescore, I can "Accompany Myself."  It's great for church and small venues, except that my Microsoft laptop won't fit on a music stand. I understand I can uses MP3s and other music files with Mobile sheets.  I expect this is going to be a complex process, and I've watched some Youtube videos to begin to learn how.
Is there anyone who does this who can give me some advice?

Musescore is great for composing music.  I'm noy happy with using it as an accompanist, it's very clunky.  I want to worship and Make music in church, not do IT.

I'm not sure getting Scanscore was a good idea. 

BTW:  I love Mobile Sheets.  (Do you guys sell Tee Shirts?  XXLT, Purple or Rainbow.
Hello,

When it comes to the camera recognition and support, I'm utilizing several different things. A lot of the camera support is through Google's own camerax library, which is designed to support a large range of hardware. The actual picture taking code (and image correction) is utilizing a third party library. If you find that this feature doesn't work with your external camera, you can try long pressing on the camera icon and select "Legacy mode". You can then use Google's built-in camera app to take the picture, and the picture will still have the image correction applied to it. If Google's own camera app doesn't support your external camera, then there's not much that can be done I'm afraid, as it sounds like the camera may require specific drivers and/or software to function. 

Adding audio files is covered in a fair amount of detail in this tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3R8MuKF9tY

Other tutorial videos can be found here: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/tutorials/

If you still have questions after watching that video, please let me know where you are running into problems and I'll do my best to help.

As far as merchandise, I do not currently sell shirts or anything of that sort. You are the first to ask about that, so I didn't think there would be any interest!

Mike