• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settings not Synching properly between PC and Android versions
After synching my library from my Windows PC to my Android tablet using the sync Library function, the filters I setup for the Collections is all wrong on the tablet.  Does Library sync sync everything including all Settings.  Since I am synching from a Windows PC version of Mobile Sheet to an Android version of Mobile Sheet, does that cause any compatibility issues.

How do you simulate tabbing on a Windows PC in Mobile Sheets if there is no touch screen.
No, the library sync does not currently sync settings. That's an option I plan to add. You can manually export the settings under Settings->Backup and Restore->Export Settings and then import that .mcf on the other device if needed. As far as your second question, what exactly do you mean by tabbing? Like hitting tab to cycle through fields? Why would you not be able to do that without a touch screen? If you mean switching between tabs, you'd have to use a mouse.

Mike
Thanks for the response. I have been doing that to try and sync the Settings.  Will settings from a Windows version work and match that on the Android version.  The reason is when I use  the Setting backup file from my Windows version and import it into my Android tablet, the Collections filter seems to be all mixed up.  Also if my Windows version use a specific folder for the library files while the tablet use the default location, would that cause any issues during the Import process.

For my question regarding tapping, what I was trying to find out is is there a key stroke or mouse click that would be the same as holding down your finger for a few seconds or double tapping on a tablet if a certain function require that.

Another question I have is when I set in the Touch and Pedal Settings under Touch Settings and set the Quick Action Box to show up on the Top Right Corner of the page on my Windows version, it does not seem to work when I try to click that area with the mouse.  It works in both case on my tablet or my touch screen of my Windows laptop when I touch that part of the screen.
MobileSheets should ignore the storage location when importing settings from another platform, as the path will be determined to be invalid for that platform. I'll have to look into the collections filter issue - it's possible there is a bug there related to how the XML files are generated on Windows vs Android.

A right-click acts like a long press on Windows. On Android, just clicking and holding down the mouse button should act as a long press.

I can't seem to reproduce any issue with clicking in the top right corner to display the quick action box after adjusting the quick action box dropdown to be "Top Right Corner". So I'm not sure why that's not working for you. I may need to get a copy of the .mcf file from your device so I can test with it.

Mike
Thanks for the reply.  I found out what is causing the issue and you can test it.  I have under the Touch & Pedal Setting Treat Mouse Click as Pedal Press "ON".  When I turned it off, the Quick Action Box appear when I click on the Top Right Corner as per my settings.  I think there are some specific settings that need to be set a specific way on a Windows PC when you are using mouse clicks and don't have a touch screen.  May be you can provide some guidelines on how to set some of them properly.  Thanks again.
I see in the Library page that there is a Setting that you can check that say "Include Mobile Sheet Settings" in the Library Backup so I thought the Library Sync will do the same.
You can still click on the sides of the page (left/right side) to turn pages with a mouse if that "Treat Mouse Click as Pedal Press" is off. Enabling that setting will stop the mouse from interacting with the UI while viewing scores. I'm not sure there are really any other changes that matter if you don't have a touch screen, as a mouse should work identically to a finger when it comes to touch interactions. The only thing that is more challenging is zooming as you have to hold CTRL while scrolling a mouse wheel.

Mike