• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Face gestures on iPad Pro 2
I noticed in the update log that face gestures are being installed on the 3.8.20 version and found it on my purchased mobile sheets app.  I could not get an image on the test frame in the gestures section.

On the 3.8.21 update a note was made that face gestures was being removed from devices without true depth and A12 and higher processors. Does this mean that older iPads will never have gesture page turning?

I’m hoping this is just en route to equal access, even my 12.9’ gen 2 device.

Yours hopefully L
I'm not sure yet. I'm investigating being able to use separate libraries from Google on older iPads to get the same functionality. I'll post more details when I know for certain whether this will work out.

Mike
Wow, I did not expect this!

I have a gen 2 iPad pro 12.9  as well.
So thank you very much for trying this Mike!
Not many would make the effort of doing (trying) this!
Greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Rudy
I have some good news - it took a lot of work, but I was able to get the same library I use for Android to work on iOS. So this will be used on devices that don't support ARKit. This will be included with the next update which I'll be pushing out soon.

Mike
Wonderfull news, Mike!

Thank you so much!

Rudy
(12-18-2023, 08:04 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I have some good news - it took a lot of work, but I was able to get the same library I use for Android to work on iOS. So this will be used on devices that don't support ARKit. This will be included with the next update which I'll be pushing out soon.

Mike

Thank you from myself as well!  I was going to say that people in my wind band use elderly ipads with Forscore and facial gestures.  I took up digital music display after them and as I prefer android I chose Mobile Sheets as it was cross platform.  Flicking pages with my fingers was a small cost to be able to use my other tablet, phone and chromebook.   I am excited for this winter gift to arrive in the next update!  Linda
Happy Yuletide to you
You should already be able to use the face gestures on Android 7.0 and higher devices now, as the updates were approved and are available. Unfortunately, I've gotten a number of reports of PDFs not loading properly with the latest iOS update. It turns out there is a conflict with Google's face detection library and the PDF library I use. This means I have to remove all the changes I made to support face gestures on older iPads until I can resolve this (which is not going to be easy). 

Mike
(12-20-2023, 06:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: You should already be able to use the face gestures on Android 7.0 and higher devices now, as the updates were approved and are available. Unfortunately, I've gotten a number of reports of PDFs not loading properly with the latest iOS update. It turns out there is a conflict with Google's face detection library and the PDF library I use. This means I have to remove all the changes I made to support face gestures on older iPads until I can resolve this (which is not going to be easy). 

Mike

A lot of extra work!
And yes , face gestures do work on my tiny android screens.  I only defected to the ipad to have A4 sized music :-)!  I can wait.  And thank you for the developments,  L