• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyboard navigation in Library
Hello,

I use a bluetooth remote to control MobileSheets, both when displaying a score and the library.

a few versions back (up to September, maybe October), I was able to go up and down the list of scores (in say, a setlist the score was first opened from), using Dpad Uo/Down, by first - when going back from a score to the library - using the key sequence 'TAB TAB DPAD_DOWN DPAD_DOWN" ,

With the latest versions, this key sequence doesn't give focus to an element of the list any longer, but only sort of highlights the entire list (i.e. the grey background color for the entire list slightly changes, instead of having one element clearly highlighted, and DPAD able to change the selected element).

Would it be possible to get future versions of MobileSheets work the way they used to?

Or perhaps help me find a key sequence that gives focus back to one element of the list so that it is posssible ot use Dpad Up/Down to navigate the list (with one element clearly highlithed). I think this may be possible because some random key sequences ended up highlighting one element, but I have not been able to guess what a correct repeatable key sequence should be).

Thank you Smile
I switched one component in the application (the "flipper" used to switch between the different tabs on the library screen), and I'm guessing this may have impacted the way tabbing and focus works. I'll have to look into this to see what can be done. Hopefully I can just make the component non-focusable. If you are willing to test a new build for me, send an email to mike@zubersoft.com (so I can respond with the build information/link), and we can see if this is fixed with a quick adjustment.

Thanks,
Mike
email sent, thanks
Thank you for the test version.

I did some tests and found it doesn't work better than the one I had installed before.

Also I noticed that I once was able to move from tab to tab (Setlists, Collections, Artists, etc) with DPAD Left and Right, but altough that was convenient and not possible any longer on test.apk, I'm not sure whether that is specific to the test.apk or whether that was also the case with v3.8.21.

With test.apk, what I'm able to do is open MS, then
  • use TAB then  Dpad Down
  • then either
    - directly go through default tab (Setlists for me) with Dpad Down or
    - navigate between tabs with Dpad Left/Right and Pick  tab (say Setlists or Collections)  with Enter
  • navigate through  list  with Dpad Up/Down and open a given setlist or collection with Enter
  • navigate through chosen setlist and open a score with Enter

This is fine (and may have worked with v3.0.21 which I did not test in so much detail)

Problem occurs when I'm going back from a score to the setlist I opened it from, where the situation looks pretty much like on v3.8.21.  Another thing I also noticed, is even if after playing around with random Dpad and TAB, I end up with some line of the list selected, I cannot open it with Enter as I used to (again, unsure whther that applies also to v3.8.21)).

As I do not think it matters, I did do my tests with my BT remote but with a regular Windows BT keyboard, using arrows instead of Dpad.