• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible op system problem
I have a new tablet, a SumVisio Cyclone Voyager 11, Quad core, running Jelly Bean 4.2.
The app works fine, but sometimes after backing up my songs when i switch off the tablet, it will not switch back on. Sometimes I need to wait 10 minutes before it will turn on again. It does not do this when using the browser or other apps.
My computer shop are querying whether the Mobilesheets app is causing the problem?
Anyone else having a problem like this?
I do (not jsut after backing up), but it seems to be related to the usb connection. If I remove the USB cable from my page turner pedal, I think it usually starts working again.

(01-30-2014, 02:45 AM)gerryfitz Wrote: I have a new tablet, a SumVisio Cyclone Voyager 11, Quad core, running Jelly Bean 4.2.
The app works fine, but sometimes after backing up my songs when i switch off the tablet, it will not switch back on. Sometimes I need to wait 10 minutes before it will turn on again. It does not do this when using the browser or other apps.
My computer shop are querying whether the Mobilesheets app is causing the problem?
(01-30-2014, 03:12 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: I do (not jsut after backing up), but it seems to be related to the usb connection. If I remove the USB cable from my page turner pedal, I think it usually starts working again.

(01-30-2014, 02:45 AM)gerryfitz Wrote: I have a new tablet, a SumVisio Cyclone Voyager 11, Quad core, running Jelly Bean 4.2.
I am backing up using the companion. My computer shop did a factory reset on the tablet, then reloaded Mobilesheets. It worked for a while but has just stopped working again, straight after a backup.
You can try turning off the wakelock in the advanced settings (Options->Advanced->Keep Screen On->Off). If the problem is related to that, you will know right away.

Mike
The computer shop have agreed to replace the tablet, and given me a new one.

(They took the app off the original one, and tried the tablet, it worked for a while, then it again wouldn't switch on after a power down, so they agreed it must be a hardware issue).

I will try the new one soon to make sure it doesn't happen again with this one, then update this post.
(01-30-2014, 01:22 PM)Zuberman Wrote: You can try turning off the wakelock in the advanced settings (Options->Advanced->Keep Screen On->Off). If the problem is related to that, you will know right away.

Mike

I have not yet tried putting mobilesheets onto the new tablet, I am a bit wary !!!

On my other tablet (which is working fine) I have had a look at the options for Keep screen On as you describe.

There is no option for ON/OFF, it gives three options,

Keep Screen On:-

Never
While Viewing Scores
Always

The 'working tablet' is currently set to 'While Viewing Scores'

Which of these options should I choose?

Gerry
"While Viewing Scores" is normally what you want. I was just trying to suggest something you could try to determine what the problem was. The default settings in MobileSheets should be just fine. I have never had a problem with any tablet such as what you have described... I'm hoping it was just a fluke with the original tablet.

Mike
At the moment the replacement tablet is working fine with the app. No doubt my heart will be in my mouth each time I switch it on for some while yet !

Many thanks for your help.