• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 won't show Pixel connected for sync, pixels shows connected to Win10
Hi - I've been messing around with this for weeks hoping to solve it. See description above.

Caps are not madness, only to clarify the dialogue in MSHEETS.

IP's are the same for a long time on new Pixel and Win10. On same Starlink network.

Pixel shows connected to Win10 computer group name on Win10.

What's not happening.........

1. When going to CONNECT TABLETS (Manage Device Connections), as a new leader, I do a DIRECT CONNECT with the Pixel, the PC doesn't list any CONNECTED FOLLOWERS. But, the DISCONNECT is able to be clicked like something is connected.

2. When going to CONNECT TO COMPANION it shows WAITING FOR CONN TO PC, 192.168.1.33 DISCONNECT the Pixel shows nothing. SENDS OUT BROADC ID MESSAGE, then WAITING FOR USER etc. I HAVE SHUT DOWN MSheets as suggested, wifi on and off, restarted Pixel.

I guess I am supposed see a Popup window on the Pixel, but never saw one. Pixel says connected to the WIN10.

3. When going to SYNC LIBRARY I connect as SERVER, TWO-WAY SYNC (want both libraries updated etc.

CONNECT USING WIFI

CONNECTED DEVICES - None are listed. 

Click CREATE SERVER - 

STATUS - IT SHOWS THE IP OF WIN10, nothing else.

I can save the backup and transfer that way, but I think there is a better way after these little problems are solved.

Thanks - John
Without having more information, it seems to me like either a router problem or a problem with the Windows firewall configuration. If you haven't done so yet, go through these steps:

1) On Windows 10, go to the settings for your current network. One way of doing this is clicking the network icon in the taskbar at the bottom right corner in the Windows taskbar, then click on "Change connection properties", and on the dialog showing the network settings for your current network, click "Private". If "Public" is selected, it can cause packets to be blocked. On Windows 11, go to Settings->Network & internet, click "Properties" at the top right below the name of your ethernet or wifi connection, then change the network profile type to "Private network".
2) Next, go to Windows Firewall, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall" and make sure both private and public are checked for MobileSheets and MobileSheets Companion
3) If you still can't connect to your Android device after performing steps #1 and #2, then if you have anti-virus or firewall software running, you should try disabling them to see if they are interfering with the connection.
4) The last thing you should try is rebooting your router. This fixes connection problems frequently for users

If none of that has any impact on the problem, do you have a phone with a WiFi hotspot? Can you please try using that to see if it works any better? If it does, the router is the problem and it may be blocking packets.

Mike
Thanks for the steps. Having practice soon so I can't try until later. 

I have T-Mobile Home Internet and I switched to that. 

Here is another thing I neglected to mention. I have 3 older, maybe 7 or 8 years older, Android tablets of 3 different brands, and all 3 are fine to sync etc. No problem.

My newest is the Pixel, 2 months old, and the Win10 won't break through to the tablet, even though the Pixel says it is connected to the group.

Thanks