• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non intuitive UI for different library syncing
Hi Michael,

I'm using mobilesheets for android and syncing multiple libraries to separate OneDrive folders. At some point I noticed that Library A had the music from library B in it. Given that I'm new to the app I figured I had messed up (I had) somehow while syncing. I found this occurred after both libraries had already been successfully and correctly synced once. I then resynced library A to folder A after updating some pieces, and then switched to library B in the app and assumed that the folder it was syncing to (folder B) would be remembered from the last time I synced that library, but the sync for library B still had folder A in the sync menu. I then synced this library without realising that it had the wrong folder selected. Would it be possible to have each library remember what folder it last synced to?

I'm not sure if someone already created a thread about this but I couldn't find one.

Thanks for a great app!
I'd asked Mike about adding a field in the sync dialogue to show which library was being synced in order to try and avoid the situation you've ended up in and I think he planned to make that change the next time he was working on the sync dialogue. Having the sync dialogue remember which folder it syncs to for a given library would make a big difference for me but versioning will make a much bigger difference.
Guy
(12-21-2023, 11:18 AM)Oz Cello Wrote: I'd asked Mike about adding a field in the sync dialogue to show which library was being synced in order to try and avoid the situation you've ended up in and I think he planned to make that change the next time he was working on the sync dialogue. Having the sync dialogue remember which folder it syncs to for a given library would make a big difference for me but versioning will make a much bigger difference.
Guy

Thanks Guy that sounds good. I also wonder whether a drop down of all recent folders could be useful for switching between all recently used folders quickly.

Also Mike I note that when accessing the sync library screen on a google pixel 6a locked to landscape, I am unable to get to the sync start button because there isn't a scrollbar (but this isn't the main device for sheet music or big enough to be useful so it probably doesn't matter, I was just testing the sync between multiple devices).
It shouldn't be too difficult to remember the path used per library, so I'll add that to the list. As far as the phone issue, I'll look into it. If the screen isn't currently scrollable, I'll have to make it scrollable.

Thanks,
Mike