• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restoring backup files
Is it possible to restore (import) two different msb files onto the same tablet?

My wife and I both use tablets, we will soon have a spare tablet (long story).

Can I import both my back up file and my wife's backup file onto the same tablet?
If you use two separate user accounts (available as of 4.2), then you can install a separate copy of MobileSheets on each account, and restore one msb file on one account, one on the other.

Mike
(01-30-2014, 01:26 PM)Zuberman Wrote: If you use two separate user accounts (available as of 4.2), then you can install a separate copy of MobileSheets on each account, and restore one msb file on one account, one on the other.

Mike

OK I understand that, we were thinking of using it as a backup to take with us to gigs, in case of hardware problems on the other tablets. If we so desired, could both files go into the one account?
(01-30-2014, 01:26 PM)Zuberman Wrote: If you use two separate user accounts (available as of 4.2), then you can install a separate copy of MobileSheets on each account, and restore one msb file on one account, one on the other.

Mike

OK I understand that, we were thinking of using the spare tablet as a backup to take with us to gigs, in case of hardware problems on the other tablets. If we so desired, could both files be loaded into the one account, or will the second one I try to load, overwrite the 1st?

Probably a stupid question, but being new to this, I don't know the answer.
Restoring a backup currently replaces everything in the library, so it will overwrite the 1st. I would have to add a "merge" feature in order to support what you are asking. If you keep both backup files on the tablet, you should be able to switch between the two as needed though.

Mike
Many thanks. i will wait for version 4.2 and set up two user accounts.
The 4.2 I was talking about is the version of the Android OS you have to have installed on your device. Do you know what you have at the moment? 4.2 is called Jelly Bean. The ability to add multiple user accounts is much like adding multiple user accounts on Windows. Each user will have their own settings/apps/themes, etc.

Mike
If I had a brain I would be dangerous !!

Sorry, didn't realise, however my tablet is running 4.1.

I am going to back up both files to a memory stick and will download off that if the need arises.

Many thanks.