• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotations are not visible
Hello, dear support,

I'm new here and have my German translated using Google Translator. Excuse me.
Following problem: I exported a setlist to a PDF so I could annotate it on the computer. The edited file has been imported into MobileSheets. However, these annotations are only displayed in edit mode. Why? Additionally, the behavior varies from site to site. e.g. the comment on page 2 is displayed. See the screenshot. Why is that?

Thanks and Greetings Reinhart

Attached Files
.pdf   Seite 1 edit.pdf (Size: 245.65 KB / Downloads: 3)
.pdf   Seite 1 no edit.pdf (Size: 245.27 KB / Downloads: 0)
.pdf   Seite 2 edit.pdf (Size: 298.61 KB / Downloads: 0)
.pdf   Seite 2 no edit.pdf (Size: 298.95 KB / Downloads: 0)
Hello Reinhart,

It may be due to a bug in an earlier version (do you have version 3.8.24 installed)? If you enable "Allow editing of embedded PDF annotations", and then you move one of the embedded annotations one pixel to the right and back one pixel to the left, then save the changes, does that fix the visibility? I just want to force the page to be saved again.

Mike
Hi Mike, 

Thanks for the quick answer with the tips. My version is 3.8.24. Unfortunately, backing up the annotations and re-saving didn't help. See Appendix. The annotations are not visible. Do you have any other tips?

Reinhart

Attached Files
.pdf   Seite 1 edit neu_.pdf (Size: 239.98 KB / Downloads: 6)
Were these text annotations? If so, there may be an issue where the annotation is getting cut off for some reason. There are two fixes:

1) Switch to the default font for the annotation and then try exporting again. It should most likely work. This is due to a measurement issue with Android's handling of external fonts.

2) Export and enable the option to export iOS compatible annotations. That will rebuild the entire PDF, but the annotations will be embedded in every page as an image and you won't be able to access or edit them.

Mike
(12-23-2023, 10:06 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Were these text annotations? If so, there may be an issue where the annotation is getting cut off for some reason. There are two fixes:

1) Switch to the default font for the annotation and then try exporting again. It should most likely work. This is due to a measurement issue with Android's handling of external fonts.

2) Export and enable the option to export iOS compatible annotations. That will rebuild the entire PDF, but the annotations will be embedded in every page as an image and you won't be able to access or edit them.

Mike

Hi Mike,

yes, those were text annotations. I checked this again in the source pdf. Your tip 1 probably applies. These annotations probably contain formatting that cannot be interpreted in Android. So I'll have to make sure to leave the annotations in the standard format soon. Embedding the annotations in the PDF as an image is out of the question, as they should also be able to be hidden. 

Many thanks for the help.
I wish you a blessed Christmas and a peaceful New Year.

greeting Reinhart