• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotations options blanking out
Just updated to 3.8.25 and discovered that when entering annotation mode, the active option in the menu is now blacked out instead of being outlined.

I'm using the e-ink version of MS.
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X
Can you send a screenshot to mike@zubersoft.com (or post one here) of what you are referring to? I'm not seeing anything obvious standing out on my BOOX Max Lumi. Or are you just referring to the toolbar icons having a dark background instead of a rectangle when they are selected? That isn't new behavior though.

Thanks,
Mike
Curioser and curioser...
When I did a screen shot, the image came out as if the problem didn't exist and was as it used to be, so I've also taken a photograph to show the difference.

Of course, both files are too large to upload...
Links here:
http://zoundz.pardyline.com.au/MobileShe...ations.png
(don't know where the blue comes from, I'm using e-ink and of course the screenshot is not in colour on the TabX)

http://zoundz.pardyline.com.au/MobileShe...ations.jpg

Perhaps you could send me the installer for the previous version, 3.8.24, so I can reinstall it and make sure this isn't an artefact from the recent firmware update?
Can you please long press the application icon on the home page and turn off any of the optimizations (other than DPI which you can leave if you prefer). This looks to me like an optimization issue. You may find with the latest build (which I just published shortly after your post), the problem may be gone even with optimizations on, as I switched the background image when a tool is selected to just be a square border.

If my latest build doesn't fix the issue, and turning off optimizations doesn't either, then I can send you the 3.8.24 installer.

Mike
Hi Mike,
thank you.

The update has resolved the problem, though I'll miss the aesthetic of the missing shading.  Nothing I can't get used to of course.

Also, as an aside, I actually didn't have any optimizations turned on.

Thanks again.  I am constantly amazed at how responsive you are able to be.
I'm glad to hear that. Thanks for following up. Putting a black border around the selected item is how I've handled selection throughout the e-ink version, so even though it doesn't look as nice as the blue background on a regular tablet, it's at least consistent. I'm always open to suggestions though.

Mike