• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vertical Scrolling two page
I'm probably missing something

My default display setting is horizontal tablet orientation- two page display. If I choose vertical scrolling for a piece, it remains two page display. How do I get pages to scroll on one, wide page? TIA.
It sounds like your file itself is showing two pages side-by-side. MobileSheets does not support vertically scrolling two pages side-by-side, so it would be impossible for that to be occurring on your device. If you want to send me the PDF, I can take a look at it, but it sounds to me like you are going to need to use the page ordering (rearrange) feature to duplicate pages and crop each instance of each page to separate the two pages on each page of the PDF.

As a side note, once you fix the file, you can set the page scaling to "Fit Width". When using with the vertical scrolling display mode in landscape, the file will take up the entire width of the screen, and then you can scroll through the file.

Mike
Mike,

This is not the case.
My regular setup is a horizontal display, chordpro tabs, two pages, side by side. This fits nicely to output to a TV. I like to have the entire song fit on the TV. When the song is long, it would be nice to be able to scroll. I can only make single page scroll work if I make the text size large enough to force one page view. This makes the text too large to be useful. My default view will scroll, however, the page on the right side of the screen scrolls off the screen with the left one.
Please take a screenshot or picture for me. I want to ensure I understand if you are actually seeing two pages, or if you are just seeing two columns, which is entirely different and is controlled by the Settings->Text File Settings->Use Multiple Columns option. If you auto-size the font with a maximum font size of 60, for example, the text should always take up the entire width of the page which is the entire width of the screen when using any display mode other than the two page display mode.

Thanks,
Mike
Yes these are probably columns. I am trying to get this particular song to use a single column and to vertically scroll without very large text. I like the text size and number of lines in the display but the right column scrolls up with the left column. I can't force a single column for the songs that I want to scroll. Two columns scrolling seems pointless.

I hope this is explained well enough. 

regards,
Then just go to Settings->Text File Settings and uncheck the option to use multiple columns. Then it will only use a single column.

Mike
(01-15-2024, 11:22 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Then just go to Settings->Text File Settings and uncheck the option to use multiple columns. Then it will only use a single column.

Mike

That would require me to flip that setting in the middle of a set then back after the song is over. (As it ruins the two column display of every other song that does not require scrolling) Essentially this makes scrolling unusable for tabs when in landscape mode.
One option is you can edit your files and place {np} directives to force a new page at certain points, preventing the multiple columns. You could also just insert one long line per page to prevent columns from being used (i.e. you could have a ton of spaces followed by an underscore, period, or any other character that won't draw attention). Alternativey, increase the text size to prevent multiple columns from being used (although I know you said you don't want large text). Otherwise I would need to add an option as to whether to use multiple columns for individual files. You are the only user to bring this up as an issue so far, so I'm going to need to hear from more users as to whether really warrants a new setting and all of the changes required for it.

Mike
That works well Mike. Thanks.