• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignoring updates for MobileSheets for EInk
In certain cases I want to avoid updating MobileSheets (e.g. upcoming important gigs or to keep an older version to investigate bugs). On Android or Win10 I just disable automatic updates and that's it. On my Boox Tab Ultra C every time I start MobileSheets a dialog pops up and offers the update

It asks "UPDATE IGNORIEREN" (Ignore Update), I click JA (yes)
Then the APK is downloaded, which takes time (about 30 seconds) and is not necessary at all

When the download is finished I have to cancel installing explicitly again

When I click "Install" here, the update is installed correctly.

Expected behaviour: When "UPDATE IGNORIEREN" = "JA" is selected the update process should be stopped, the installed MobileSheets version should be ready to be used immediately.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

If you disable Wi-Fi while loading MS you don't get the alert.

In order to save battery, I leave my Wi-Fi turned off all the time unless I need to use the network for some reason.
I don't know if this will suit your use case though.
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X
Something is definitely not working as intended there if it's downloading after ignore is selected. It's possible it's a bug with an older version since you are on 3.8.14. I'll verify with my tablet with 3.8.24, but I declined the update yesterday while testing and it certainly didn't start downloading.

Mike
I can confirm with the latest version that if I ignore the update, it doesn't pop up a message again after that.

Mike
Sorry, I have to disagree. Ignoring the upgrade from 3.8.25 to 3.8.26 still has the same issue.
Can I provide any information to find the difference between my situation and yours?
My device is a Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11, Security Patch 2023-06-05
Version 2023-11-22_07-29_3.5.9 46657f755

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

I'm not sure I can explain that. If you are tapping "Ignore Update", the code just updates a configuration file and proceeds. The only way the code can be triggered to download the update is if the "Yes" button is tapped. It may be worth having you uninstall and reinstall to see if that fixes whatever weird issue is occurring on your device. It almost seems to me like it has old code in it or something...

Mike
What a silly misunderstanding!

I understood the first window as "Ignore Update Yes / No" with pushing Yes as "yes, ignore update" = do not update, see my very first post in this thread.
In fact there are three choices 
"Ignore Update" = do not update and don't ask again
Install "Yes" = update
Install "No" = do not update, ask again on next start

So now I have another question: to find out what I wrote above I clicked "Ignore Update" and have now 3.8.25. How can I initiate the update to 3.8.26 again?
In MobileSheets Settings - About there's an item "Check for Update". If I click that, it says "No Update Available" which is wrong, I'm on 3.8.25 and 3.8.26 is definitely available.
Neither restarting MobileSheets nor restarting the tablet helps.
Uninstalling and installing again will probably install the latest version 3.8.26, but I keep it as is for the moment, just in case we need that state for further investigation.
And I kept a backup of 3.8.25.apk so that I can re-install that again if necessary.

I think the logic for checking for the update is ignoring the update (due to the "ignore update" selection that was made previously). I should fix that so that if the user manually checks for an update, it allows it to be installed. In the meantime, you can manually download the installer from the same link you originally downloaded it from (let me know if you need me to send you that). 

Mike
Thanks. I still have the download path and the license key.