• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crashing when starting the app on Windows10
I now can't start MS on my Windows 10 laptop. When I try to open teh app it crashes before I get to the main screen.  I did an app update but it still crashes. Thanks for any help.
Are you running the FastSpring or Microsoft Store version? Also please let me know what type of device you are using and what type of processor (x86, x64, ARM) that is has. Version 3.8.25 has introduced the face gesture functionality, so I need to know if this is related to the crash you are seeing.

Thanks,
Mike
I'm running the Microsoft Store version. I'm on a Acer R5 with an I5 (x64 I believe).
Then that's not related in any way to the update, as version 3.8.25 isn't available yet through the Microsoft Store. The next thing to check is to go to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState and see if you have a Microsoft.AppCenter.Storage file. If so, delete that, and try restarting the app. If this doesn't help, try renaming default.xml to default_backup.xml and restart the app. Lastly, try moving the entire LocalState folder somewhere else on your machine and restart the app. If it doesn't come up, uninstall MobileSheets and reinstall it through the Microsoft Store, as it would appear the application installation is corrupted. After reinstalling, verify it comes up, and then move the LocalState folder back (and rename default_backup.xml to just default.xml). 

I should mention, if you are not logging into Windows with the same email address you used with the Microsoft Store to purchase MobileSheets, you really should do that to avoid issues.

Mike