• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version Update & Sync Library
1. When a new version is released, is the App set to alert you with a list of the new changes automatically and I assume you must be connected to the Internet when you start the App for this to happen.

2. Does the App upgrade itself to the latest version or you have to go to the Google Play Store, find the App and click on the Update button to start the Update process.

3. If you do a Sync Library between 2 android tablets or between a Windows and a Android tablet but they have different versions installed, would there be any issue.

3. What is the main difference between a Sync Library and a Backup & Restore other than the program's Settings are not included in the Sync Library.
1. If you use the Google Play version, updates are installed automatically, and if the version number changed, then you'll see a list of changes. Sometimes I release minor patches without bumping the version number to address anything critical that might come up, so you won't see the release notes come up for that. With the FastSpring version, a notification is always presented for any update that is available as the user must choose to install it.
2. It should update to the latest version automatically unless you disabled automatic updates. As mentioned, the FastSpring version prompts the user when an update is available.
3. Only if the database version changed - in that case you'll get an error message and the sync will not be allowed, as the databases will be incompatible. I try to avoid changing the database when possible for just this reason, but occasionally it's necessary when adding new functionality.
4. The sync library only pushes over the delta between the two libraries. So if you only added one new song, for example, the sync will compare both databases, see that only one song as been added, and it will just add that one new song. A backup and restore is always going to package the entire library in a backup file when backing up, and will wipe out and replace the entire library when restoring. The sync also lets you choose what kind of information to sync, and there are options for controlling the merge behavior.

Mike
Thanks Mike for the clarification.  What about the Windows version.  Will I have to go to the Microsoft Store to update or will it be done automatically also.
I would advise against using automatic updates.  Should, for some reason, the update cause a problem the last thing you would want is for this to happen immediately prior to a gig or rehearsal. 

Much better to turn off automatic updating and do it manually when you have the time to check everything is OK.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
The Microsoft Store will automatically update MobileSheets unless you disable automatic updates. As Graeme has suggested, it's usually best to disable automatic updates to prevent surprises before performances. The FastSpring version is nice in this regard as you can just ignore the update notification until you are ready to update.

Mike
Thanks for the tips, much appreciated.  Where is the switch to disable the automatic update.
For your android device you sould do this in the App store.
Open the Google Play Store app .
Tap the profile icon at the top right.
Tap on Manage apps and devices.
Tap Manage and find the app you want to update manually.
Tap on the app to open its details page.
On the details page of the app, tap the three-dot menu .
Turn Automatic updates off.

For Windows i could not help you, but i guess it will be similar.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
(12-24-2023, 05:47 AM)McAroni Wrote: For your android device you could do this in the App store.
Open the Google Play Store app .
Tap the profile icon at the top right.
Tap on Manage apps and devices.
Tap Manage and find the app you want to update manually.
Tap on the app to open its details page.
On the details page of the app, tap the three-dot menu .
Turn Automatic updates off.

For Windows i could not help you, but i guess it will be similar.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.