• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting devices using bluetooth failed
Dear all,

I tried to connect 2 Samsung tab´s 
- Samsung Tab S7FE; SM-T736B/Android 13 and 
- Samsung Tab S 8.4; SM-T705/Android 6.0.1) 
using bluetooth. Both devices MS 3.8.25./Google Play

The connecting fails:
- The "leader" device didn´t recognize the follower device.
- The "follower" device recognize the leader device.
- Occurs independent of the "leader" device (T736B or T705).
(Procedure as user manual 1.1.5/3.0.4; all requests "allowed/enabled")

I just want to check this possibility for connection "in case of" WIFI isn´t available.

BTW: WIFI connections works as expected.

Thx for any advice,
e.k.
First, try pairing the devices in the bluetooth settings. If you can get the devices successfully paired, then go to the "Connect Tablets" dialog, tap "New Leader" on the S7FE, then tap OK. It will ask you to accept making the device discoverable. Accept that, and then on the second tablet, bring up the "Connect Tablets" dialog. It should scan for any bluetooth devices and show the first tablet. Tap it, then tap "Connect". Let me know if these steps does not work. You may need to completely unpair the devices, then repeat these steps without them paired (in which case you'll get a request to pair them in MobileSheets).

Mike
Mike,

As you advised:
First, try pairing the devices in the bluetooth settings --> paired
If you can get the devices successfully paired, then go to the "Connect Tablets" dialog, tap "New Leader" on the S7FE, then tap OK. --> set
It will ask you to accept making the device discoverable. Accept that, --> done
and then on the second tablet, bring up the "Connect Tablets" dialog. --> done
It should scan for any bluetooth devices and show the first tablet. --> follower shows leader
Tap it, then tap "Connect" --> done (connect with the last settings)

Let me know if these steps does not work ---> does not work

You may need to completely unpair the devices, 
then repeat these steps without them paired 
(in which case you'll get a request to pair them in MobileSheets) --> does not work

You may need to enable location services on the older device, and use the high accuracy gps location. That used to be required in earlier Android versions in order to use bluetooth to connect to other devices. Google fixed that with later versions by adding a separate permission related to connecting bluetooth devices.

Mike
Mike,

thanks, checked......

Just missed the tap on the detected "device group" on Follower Tablet --> "device group" gets green and "join group" is enabled --> tap "join group"  --> Leader recognize Follower.
Everything works as expected!

btw:
No matter how bluetooth is activated (device settings or MS), both works
High accuracy GPS location wasn´t necessary (in my case.....)

e.k.
I'm glad it was something simple and that it's all working for you now. Thanks for following up.

Mike