• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Way Control
Hi, I'm just starting with MSpro, have two Tablets, one Android and one Windows Surface, I have all functions avaiable, but now I want to control from BOTH devices the setlist.
The normal direction from primary device  to secondary device works fine. Is it possible to control the primary device form the secundary and how can I manage this?
Thank you in advance
That's not currently supported. When using book mode, it's possible to trigger page turns on either device, but that is the extent of the two-way control.

Mike
(01-07-2024, 04:57 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That's not currently supported. When using book mode, it's possible to trigger page turns on either device, but that is the extent of the two-way control.

Mike

Thanks for your quick reply, Mike!
My understanding of Book Mode is that it spreads more extensive songs across two tab screens. So that's a little bit confusing.
But I need the possibility, that every member of a group can change the song. Is this currently possible?
Best regards, Henry
It's not currently possible, as that's not really something I've gotten requests for in the past. Most groups just want one person controlling the song loading, otherwise it could cause chaos if not handled properly. If more users request this, it's certainly something I can look into supporting though.

Mike
I like the idea of having a bit more flexibility with connected devices. I imagine you'd always need one device to be in control at least nominally but it would be nice for that device to be able to allow one or any of the devices to choose a piece which would then load on all devices. I think it might also be useful for the lead device to be able to change pieces just on the lead device without it changing the pieces that are loaded on the follower devices too.

Before we got tablets my quartet used to take turns choosing a piece and I had hoped to be able to do something similar with connected devices. What we've ended up doing is having the lead device on shuffle and then when it goes to a new piece all the players get a chance to say whether they want to play it or not. It's not as efficient but it works.

While I think it would be nice for device connection to be more flexible I doubt it's something that would make a lot of difference to useability for many users. Not nearly as much as, say, versioning.
(01-08-2024, 11:08 AM)Oz Cello Wrote: I like the idea of having a bit more flexibility with connected devices. I imagine you'd always need one device to be in control at least nominally but it would be nice for that device to be able to allow one or any of the devices to choose a piece which would then load on all devices. I think it might also be useful for the lead device to be able to change pieces just on the lead device without it changing the pieces that are loaded on the follower devices too.

Before we got tablets my quartet used to take turns choosing a piece and I had hoped to be able to do something similar with connected devices. What we've ended up doing is having the lead device on shuffle and then when it goes to a new piece all the players get a chance to say whether they want to play it or not. It's not as efficient but it works.

While I think it would be nice for device connection to be more flexible I doubt it's something that would make a lot of difference to useability for many users. Not nearly as much as, say, versioning.

Thanks Oz Cello for supporting my suggestion. There are so many clickboxes in this program, one more, who cares. I hope Mike realize this in the future.
From a user perspective, it's just a checkbox. From a programming perspective, it means having to change the two-way connection between devices to allow each device to send the information necessary to load songs on other devices even if they aren't the leader. The code wasn't designed for followers to load songs/setlists on leaders and other followers. I know it sounds simple, but every small change like this requires a fair amount of work to implement it on all three platforms with all of the different connection types (I have to implement all this separately for bluetooth, wifi, etc) and then test everything to ensure there are no problems. So it's not that I can't do it, it's that I want to spend time on the changes that are going to have the most impact, because I have over 500 feature requests in my bug tracking system. If I just start working on every small change that only a few users have asked for, it will be months before I even start on changes that the majority of users are asking for, so I have to prioritize the more impactful changes. That's why I need to hear feedback from more users on the changes they want.

Mike
Lieber Mike! 
It was not my intention to be rebellious here. I am well aware of how much code has to be rewritten in order to realize a two-way connection.
Of course, 500 previously proposed amendments also take precedence, but when time comes, advice comes. Nevertheless, thank you very much for your efforts and congratulations on your great app.
Mfg Henry
Thank you Henry - I do want to give users the features they are asking for, and there is certainly value in what you are asking for among some users, but I do have to be realistic about priorities and timing. Hopefully I can come back to this once I've released some of the highest priority promised features.

Mike