• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page advance
Hi!
I am a fairly new user and in general very glad with the System... but

Page turning is always a Problem.

On advancing to a new paghe, I loose Contact to whe we are in the song.
Half Page advance helps only a little, two pages at a time are too small to recognize.

I miss a Function to advance only the upper half of a page whe playing in the lower one and to change the lower half when paying in the upper of the next page.
That is only necessary in Portrait Mode.

An other Problem is to search for a certain Page in a long song (mostly a complete songbook).

There is a slider to adress the page, .... but 
It would be better, when the slider uses the complete width of the screen instead of only less then the half.
Hi !

I always have a Problem, when advancing one Page in Portrait Mode, even in the half Page Modus.
I loose the point where we are playing.

It would be fine to have an half Page advance Modus, where at first the upper half goes to the next Page (when Playing in the lower half).
and second the lower half (when paying ine the upper part of the next Page.
The page advance should be made as usual, by tipping on the sceen or by padel action.
In that case the Point where we are playing never moves in the Image.

I think, I have seen something like that elsewhere.

Would be wonderful to have  !!!!

Yours
It doesn't sound like you are using the half page display mode in portrait, because what you've described is exactly what it does - you can turn a half page at a time, and it just flips the top or bottom half of the page. You can also adjust the half page turn position with the blue bar. This video demonstrates how to change display modes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_8GXnlNfm0

If you want to change how pages are scaled, change the default display mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXVGHa96ssw

Mike
I am quite confused about your post. What you want to achieve is exactly what the display mode "Half Pages" does, see p. 73 in the manual: https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/M...etsPro.pdf.

As for your second wish: You could just tap the pagenumber and enter the number where you want to jump to. Or you could define bookmarks. If there are already PDF-bookmarks, they can be selected. Or you could split up the complete songbook into individual songs.

Daniel
To use complete fakebooks CSV import is the most powerful method. Search the forum for "CSVFile".
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(01-09-2024, 06:29 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It doesn't sound like you are using the half page display mode in portrait, because what you've described is exactly what it does - you can turn a half page at a time, and it just flips the top or bottom half of the page. You can also adjust the half page turn position with the blue bar. This video demonstrates how to change display modes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_8GXnlNfm0

If you want to change how pages are scaled, change the default display mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXVGHa96ssw

Mike

OK
I found the feature, thanks to your advice.

To my second wish, I use the capability to view the pages during the search with the slider.
In case of having many pages in one song (a complete book) its not easy to adress a specific page. That would be better when the slider can use the complete width of the screen.
Hope that was clear in the descripton.
Workarounds are exisating, but not really useeful

Thanks
You’re doing it the hard way. You should have a song file for every tune in your books. If you want to visually search though books on a gig, may as well stick with Acrobat. You’re not using any of the features of Mobile Sheets that make it so powerful.
Sorry, but your proposal is not very usefull because....

I have at least 10 "songs" with each several hundred  internal songs.
If I make each of them an own "song", I will loose control .
It will become too difficult fo find specific songs.

I need a sort of hirarchy like in an normal file system to maintain control.
Have you tried putting all the songs in a "book" into a collection that contains only the files in that "book".

You can then use a filter to restrict the choice to songs in that book/collection. This allows you to use the index letters to jump around the collection and/or filter on a word that you know is in a title.

Having individual entries also means that you can easily use a setlist to move between songs in different "books"

Of course, there is a lot of work in splitting the book into entries - the easiest way is to create a .csv file which contains one line per song specifing the metadata for that song. How much metadata is up to you. The line should also contain a field specifying the collection name for the "book".  You will have to delete your existing pdf file in MS and reimport the file with the associated .csv file (you can't apply a .csv to something that has already been imported).

You may find that someone on the forum has already created a .csv file for some of your large files.

Another alternative is that you associate a link in your pdf index to each song (with hundreds of songs there must be an index) and use that to jump around the "book". This is purely a pdf thing and has nothing to do with MS (however please note that, depending on where a link is on a page, it may clash with MS touch action areas).
I believe that someone has developed a tool to automatically create a .csv from these index links.

Note: Not using a .csv file means that you can't easily use set lists and this will make things more awkward if you do performances

Just in case you aren't aware, there is still only a single pdf file when you use a .csv file; you just have individual song entries that point into the one physical file i.e. you don't end up with hundreds of individual physical files.

Hope this helps you decide how to oraganise your library.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Hi!  Thanks for your proposal!

Up to now my solution was to make snippets of the relevant parts in my large song, but that leads to too many new files.

So I will test your proposal. I am not sure which way will be the better one.

I will start with the seond one , but will need some time.

Thanks Geoff, Yours heckelbach
I would go for the .csv! ; just experimet with a couple of entries first so that you can see what is required.
You are likely to need a couple of attempts so use the filter mechaism to select the collection/delete the songs prior to reimporting the pdf and .csv

Geoff
PS:  The .csv has to be in the same folder as the .pdf and has to have the same name stem  e.g. mybook.pdf and mybook.csv
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6