• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
File modifications detected
I'm currently running MSP 3.8.25 on Android 9. I've not added songs for a while but at some point in the last few months, I started getting "File modifications detected. Processing file changes..." each time I load a song that I haven't looked at for a while. After two or three seconds, the song loads as expected. I can later visit that same song and the message doesn't appear again.

As I've not changed my song files (mostly multi-page PDFs with multiple songs), I assume that some fairly recent update of MSP has necessitated this need to reprocess the files. Is that correct? If not, why am I seeing this message?

Thanks.
______
SteveR
File hashes are needed for every file in the library to uniquely identify them and this saves considerable time when using features such as the sync library feature. So it's most likely due to that (the hash is calculated during import now for new files). This has been in place for months though.

Mike
(01-09-2024, 06:38 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: File hashes are needed for every file in the library to uniquely identify them and this saves considerable time when using features such as the sync library feature. So it's most likely due to that (the hash is calculated during import now for new files). This has been in place for months though.

Mike

Thanks for that. 

It could easily have been happening for six months as I've not been playing much until a few weeks ago. One follow-on question though. The message pops up for songs that are in the same PDF, so is the hash calculated on a per song basis or just once per source file? It seems to be the former from my observations.
______
SteveR
It would be per song. Even if multiple songs reference the same file path, they have unique entries in the database for the files they use.

Mike
Ok, thanks.
______
SteveR