• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add a second row to the Command Bar
The Command Bar is so convenient for quickly accessing tools/stamps with my particular settings.  However, I have so many that it causes me to have to scroll the Command Bar left and right.  Is it possible to have the Command Bar expand vertically to add additional rows of tools/stamps?

Likewise, could the Favorites be resizable by dragging a corner, and remember the size?
This is complicated due to the way the custom control works that I'm utilizing for the favorites window. It does not utilize a dynamic layout where it can flow easily and wrap depending on the size of the container - it uses a fixed number of rows and columns. So to support what you are asking for, I need to add a lot of my own code to try to measure and calculate the number of rows and columns that will fit based on the current window dimensions, force a layout pass so the control will reload all of the images with the next dimensions and verify this all works smoothly while actively resizing. It's certainly doable - but I do not believe it will be simple or easy, especially on Windows where things got very messy with the very rigid sizing requirements to get everything to line up properly while still allowing things like dragging the mouse towards the size to scroll to the next page. I'll probably have to deal with scenarios where there is not quite enough room left for another column of icons, but the next page will bleed into the previous page if the window width is not a multiple of the width of a single entry, so I would either have to lock the width/height to multiples of the entry width/height, or find some way of dynamically adding padding to the sizes (not sure if that will work with the custom components).

As far as the command bar, I'm currently just utilizing a horizontally aligned list component. It's not too complicated to manage that. In order to have multiple rows where you can collapse/expand, I no longer can just use a simple list component. I have to switch to a more complicated component that can handle a layout that is dynamic, can flow with the number of rows, but also supports scrolling horizontally. So once again, probably doable, but not easy or simple.

Mike