• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page turning with pedal
I have been using my iPad, but it suffered a fatal injury last week, and now I am temporarily using my Samsung phone, until I figure out which tablet to buy.

On the iPad, page turning with my pedals has been a breezing. It connected by bluetooth to my Roland HP piano, and required no fine tuning. It just worked. 

So now, doing the same thing with my phone (and a borrowed Galaxy s7), I cannot get either of them to work. 

Am I missing something?
You did not mention what type of pedal you are using. I'm just going to provide the generic pedal instructions.

The first thing you should do is test whether your pedal is communicating properly with your tablet. Please follow these steps:

1) Load MobileSheets, tap the three dots at the top right and then Settings.
2) Tap Touch & Pedal Settings and then Pedal Actions
3) Tap the "Keys" field for Pedal 1.
4) Tap the "Clear" button on the dialog.
5) Press a pedal switch. If a key shows up, the pedal is communicating properly with your device and will work with MobileSheets. If it does not, the pedal is not communicating properly with your device.
6) If a key shows up, tap OK, then select the action you want that pedal to trigger from the dropdown below the keys field. Repeat these steps for pedal 2.

If the pedal isn't communicating properly with your device, you can try re-pairing the pedal in the system bluetooth settings and repeating the steps above.

Depending on your pedal, you may have different modes that are supported and different ways of utilizing the pedal. I can determine some of this based on the pedal model, but I'll need to know what mode you have it in currently and what keys it is sending when pressed.

Mike