• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leader Follower Function
1. Does the library have to be identical between a Leader and a Follower's device if the leader want to be able to bring up a specific song in the followers' device that matches the leader

2. Does the follower's library have to contain the identical setlist and songs as the leader in order for the leader to bring it up.  Can a temporary setlist with the songs be created or transferred to the follower's device when the leader open the setlist on his device.

I guess my question is if the Leader and Follower have different library contents but both device have some of the songs with the same Title, what function(s) can be done with the leader/follower setup and what are the steps to do it.
1. It does not have to be identical - the song title or setlist name has to match what is on the other tablet though (with the default settings). You can change what field is matched on though, so you could match on song ID or the custom field if you prefer.

2. Not to bring up the setlist, however, MobileSheets is just matching on a setlist with an identical name (the contents of that setlist is whatever was set up on the follower device). If you enable the option to send over a temporary setlist, that setlist just contains the list of songs to load. If those songs don't exist in the follower's library, then they won't be loaded. There is no option to send over all the song files, because that would not work well at all with bluetooth. I may support this just for WiFi in the future though.

Mike
Thanks Mike for the reply and clarification.  Everything worked as you indicated.  Amazing !!!