• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drag and Drop Problem
Hello,
When I try to drag and drop a pdf song file from my Win 10 PC to my Mobile Sheets song library I get a connection lost error message.  I'm using a Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (Android 13) to establish the connection with my PC which is running the latest version of MSC.  I don't recall having this problem before.  Anyone have a similar problem or suggestions for troubleshooting?  Appreciate your help!
If you import a file on the tablet itself, does that succeed without issue? Or do you also encounter problems there? Does the same error occur with every PDF you've tried? 

Mike
Hi Mike,
I'm able to import files from Google Drive directly into the tablet.  Just tried to drag and drop a couple of different pdfs and experienced the same problem...connection lost.
Are thre any "funny" characters in the file name?

It's a long shot but programs used to routinely fail if a filename contains a character not allowed on the receiving device.

Presumably, you are draggin over the Companion on the windows device.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Thanks Geoff,  
No special characters, but not a long shot at all.  Yes, am dragging over the Companion on the Win PC.  Had the same connection lost issue when I tried to drag over a different song that was already in my MS library.  The pop up asked whether I wanted to replace or create a new song.  I tried both and each time got the same result...connection lost.  Haven't given up trying to figure out what's going on, but fortunately I'm able to import from Google Drive until I do.
Can you try connecting both your devices to a phone acting as a WiFi hotspot? If that works and you can then drag & drop your PDFs without issue into the companion app, then there is a legitimate connection issue due to the router. If you encounter the same problem, then it's something with the library. In that case, I'll need you to go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, create a .msb file and share that mike@zubersoft.com. I can then test this out myself.

Mike
Thanks Mike.  Will give that a try.