• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharing setlist for different instruments
Hi all, Not sure if this has been asked before but here goes.

I have a 22 piece band with Drums, Guitar, Keyboard Sax, Trumpet etc

I have a huge library of music which are sorted into different folders... for example Drums, Guitar, Keyboard Sax, Trumpet etc... 
So for the song "Thriller Michael Jackson" I have the score saved in drums for drums, Trumpet for trumpet..... You get the logistics of it.

I have them saved in Google drive and Onedrive and only each section have access to there folders.

What I'm wanting to do is share a setlist with the band with the songs picked and get it to only pull in the sheet music for them.

Is this possible? 

Any advice is appreciated.
I have a similar set up but for string quartet rather than band. You can probably find my posts about it with a search but basically, I use the leader/follower function set to match on custom sort title. I have a separate mobilesheets library for each instrument. Each instrument's library has all the same pieces as the other libraries (same custom sort title and file name) but with the parts for that instrument. When the leader device loads a piece, the follower devices all load the same piece with the specific parts of whichever library they have open.

Mike (developer of the app) has plans to add a new function ('versioning') which should make the process much easier. Each piece will be able to have different versions of each song/piece within the one library. I'm assuming that the way it will work is that you'll be able to set which version you want to use (for example drums) and then each piece you load will display that version of the piece. I think he has a few other updates planned before he gets to this one though so it might be a while coming.

Let me know if you want any info about how it works using a separate library for each instrument.
Guy