• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exporting Files with Annotations Crashes App
Exclamation 
On my Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra running Android 14, whenever I try to export any song file with annotations anywhere (e.g., local file, or google drive folder) the app immediately crashes. If I uncheck the "Export with annotations" box, it does not crash anymore (but ... now I don't have my annotations  Undecided ).

I've tried clearing the app's cache, and that does not fix it.

HOWEVER, if I also check "Export iOS compatible annotations" in addition to "Export with annotations" it does NOT crash.

MobileSheets 3.8.26

Thanks!
I may need you to backup your library under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, upload that to the cloud (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc) and share a link with mike@zubersoft.com. There are no known issues with exporting with the latest update, and I can't reproduce any crashes with exporting annotations, so we will have to see if there is something corrupted in your library that needs to be addressed. Otherwise you can also try uninstalling, reinstalling and then restoring the library backup to see if that fixes it (if it's some kind of issue with the PDF library files, for example). 

Thanks,
Mike
(01-23-2024, 07:01 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I may need you to backup your library under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, upload that to the cloud (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc) and share a link with mike@zubersoft.com. ...

I've sent a link to a library backup to the e-mail address specified. Thank you.
The crash appears to be happening in the PDF library I use when trying to embed a font and use that font for a text annotation. This causes some kind of memory corruption and crashes the entire application. The interesting thing about this crash is that I don't see it on my Samsung Tab S4 running Android 9, but it certainly happens on my S8 Ultra running Android 14. I'll see if I can get the PDF library company to fix the issue, but in the meantime, I'm going to embed text annotations as images, which gets around this problem. I'll include this with the next update.

Thanks,
Mike