• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotations switch on/off
Hello,
I'm asking the same question as in this topic from oct 2019 : Annotations switch on/off per song possible
I'd like to decide for each "song" to display or not annotations (and if possible, select layers of annotations). Is it now possible ?

At first, I thought I found a way to do it by programming a smart button : but it is an error in the french translation, the "Show Notes" action has been translated into  show "annotation" instead of show "commentaire" !  Dodgy [If anyone interested, I can report translation errors in the french manual.]

Also, in the 2019 topic, I read this : " If I switch off annotations all songs will not show them "... Is there a general way to display/hide annotations for all songs (in Performance mode) ? That would be alright.

Thanks

PS: I'll have further questions about annotations, but that will be in another topic !
Thank you - I'll update the French translation appropriately. I'll have to update the French manual when I can find time to work on that. As far as your question, you can't currently toggle the visibility of annotations on/off with a touch/pedal/midi action at the moment. You can switch the active annotation layer with a touch action though, so if you had a layer with no annotations on it, that would effectively serve the same purpose. You can toggle the visibility of individual layers in the annotations editor by bringing up the layers window and tapping the eye icon next to a layer.

Mike
(01-24-2024, 08:57 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: You can switch the active annotation layer with a touch action though ...

You can toggle the visibility of individual layers in the annotations editor by bringing up the layers window and tapping the eye icon next to a layer.

Thanks for the answer.
Yes using the annotations editor and the eye icons is what I currently do.

But what do you mean by " You can switch the active annotation layer with a touch action though " : can I do that in Concert mode ? How ?
Go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Touch Actions, then assign the "Next Annotation Layer" action to one of the corners. You can then tap that corner to switch layers, and this works while performance mode is active.

Mike
(02-05-2024, 06:44 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Touch Actions, then assign the "Next Annotation Layer" action to one of the corners. You can then tap that corner to switch layers, and this works while performance mode is active.

Mike

Ah ok, found it. Could be a solution, but not with how I use the layers : I have one layer with annotations I need when I play (such as fingering, nuances...), and additional layers that I use when I am practicing the piece only and not for performances (such as : harmony analysis, memory markers...). So I'd like to toggle between the 1st layer and all 3 layers !
(hmm there is a way : I can build a 4th layer by copying all 3 layers in this one! But its a bit ... have to redo it each time I modify a layer...)
I'll have to look into adding an option to tie together the visibility of multiple layers at once so it can be used with that feature. I'm not sure when I'll have time to work on that though. It would have to be later this year.

Mike