• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How PDF's Are Displayed
I have been wanting to ask this question for a long time but never got around to it.  I will go to Ultimate Guitar and find a tab I want and then I will cut out the tab using screen shots.  The reason i do this is that you can take a tab that would be 2 pages and by cutting out excess space and other things you can now make a PDF file that will only take up 1 page.  My PDF program will combine the multiple screen captures into a nice single page PDF.  I have noticed though if you try and print that PDF it wont print as one page but will print out each screen capture on a separate sheet of paper.  Before I found Mobile Sheets I was using a program called Song Book and no matter how many screen shots made up a PDF it would always display it as one PDF which worked out great.  I noticed that Mobile Sheets does not do that.  If a PDF I make has 12 screen captures it will display it as 12 separate pages the same way that my printer would print them.

Is there a setting to make it display as one page or anyway in the program to do that?

Thank You.
Vertical Scrolling mode?
mdavej is correct - switch to the vertical scrolling display mode and optionally enable the option to eliminate gaps between pages on the display mode dialog. This tutorial video covers switching display modes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_8GXnlNfm0

As a side note, it sure sounds to me like you are not collapsing things into a single PDF page but are instead just cropping out sections from multiple separate pages. A PDF editor like Adobe Acrobat would still display that as multiple pages - you are just relying on the application to stack the pages vertically for you. If you actually combined all the segments into a single PDF page, then MobileSheets would display that as one page as well regardless of the display mode.

Mike
(01-28-2024, 12:39 PM)mdavej Wrote: Vertical Scrolling mode?

Thanks!
(01-28-2024, 04:50 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: mdavej is correct - switch to the vertical scrolling display mode and optionally enable the option to eliminate gaps between pages on the display mode dialog. This tutorial video covers switching display modes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_8GXnlNfm0

As a side note, it sure sounds to me like you are not collapsing things into a single PDF page but are instead just cropping out sections from multiple separate pages. A PDF editor like Adobe Acrobat would still display that as multiple pages - you are just relying on the application to stack the pages vertically for you. If you actually combined all the segments into a single PDF page, then MobileSheets would display that as one page as well regardless of the display mode.

Mike

You are correct as I am not collapsing thing into a single page.  I am not using Adobe but I am using a paid PDF program.  When I make the PDF I use a feature called "merge" files and the PDF displays really nice but if I printed it there would be a separate page for each screenshot. I asked them about this and they said the way to get around this was to not use merge but insert each screenshot as a image and that does work but it's more difficult to do and get a nicer looking page.

I will try these new settings and thank you1
How about copy/paste the ASCII text from Ultimate Guitar and use and edit it as ChordPro?
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(01-29-2024, 07:04 AM)itsme Wrote: How about copy/paste the ASCII text from Ultimate Guitar and use and edit it as ChordPro?

Wow!  I just go to ultimate guitar and click on edit and then copy the text and paste it into Mobile Sheets and it's perfect!  No messing around with any PDF cuts and that stuff!

Saved me a ton of work and thank you!