• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What hardware do I need to get started?
I would like to store various music pdfs on an Ipad using MobileSheets, but it looks like my present hardware is too old to be used: a late-2013 Imac and a 7-year old Ipad Mini 4.  The MobileSheets manual's "Getting Started" gives the impression that 2 hardware items are used: one (e.g. a MacBook), where materials such as my own charts, Real Books pdfs,etc. are obtained and stored
on a Cloud drive; and the other, the actual Ipad where those materials end up for use by the MobileSheets program that runs there.

Is it true that 2 such "things", as described above are needed (and is my Imac useless for this)?  And what would be the required minimum specs -- chip, storage, "youth", etc.?  I apologize for being low-tech.  Any info greatly appreciated!
You can just use your ipad. 

There is no need for a second device.

Download the trial version and see how you like it.
Your iMac is too old to install MobileSheets, but you can still use it to transfer files to the cloud or your iPad if needed. As Learux said though, you don't need a second device. You can do everything on the iPad itself.

Mike
Thanks to you both!  But surely the "ipad" you refer to isn't my old, puny 2019 ipad Mini 4 that I described above!  But it's good to know I'll only need a new ipad!
You would certainly be better off with a standard iPad, or even an iPad Pro. The app should function just fine on the iPad Mini 4 though.

Mike
(But) on my other thread you said "The iPad version just runs normally on a M1 or M2 processor", which, of course, my old MIni 4 doesn't have (it's identified as "Apple A8"). -- ?
I think you've interpreted that statement incorrectly. I meant "the iPad version of MobileSheets" runs just fine on a MacOS with an M1 or M2 processor. That thread was about compatibility with MacOS, not with iOS/iPadOS. MobileSheets will run on any iPad running iPadOS 13.6 or higher.

Mike
Thanks so much for clarifying -- sorry for the misinterpretation!!