• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Sheets erases all songs in storage folder after Share Export
I'm not 100% sure what I might have done to cause this to happen but it has happened twice after I selected a song and then click on Share and then Export File and select a location in my Windows 11 quick access list for the share export location.  It exported the file to the mobile sheets location instead and during the process, it deleted all the song files that was there.  I found his out when I go back into the Songs Library where it still have all my songs listed but when I try to open one of the song in the library, an error message pop up saying it cannot find the song in the folder. When I go into the actual file folder from Windows to see, the folder is empty except for the song file that was Exported.  I don't think I selected the storage folder as the location for the Export.  Initially I thought I just did something wrong but when it happened to me again yesterday, I suspect something may be wrong in the program somewhere. Can you please look into this.  Glad that I have just did a backup of my library before this happened so I was able to restore everything back otherwise it would have been a major disaster.
I definitely have no idea how to reproduce what you've described. I tried selecting a song in my library, tapping Share->Export Files, selected the Downloads folder in my quick access list as the destination, tapped OK to accept the settings, and the file was output successfully. I then checked the storage location and no files were impacted by the export. In general, no non-temporary files should be modified or delete by exporting - there is no code in place that would do that. Some files may be placed in the TempState directory if they are going to be uploaded to a cloud service, and then they are deleted after the upload is successful. 

So let me ask this - what was the location you selected in your quick access list? Is this with the Microsoft Store or FastSpring version of MobileSheets? If you backup your library (Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library), uninstall, reinstall, and test again, does the same issue occur?

Thanks,
Mike
(02-04-2024, 06:18 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I definitely have no idea how to reproduce what you've described. I tried selecting a song in my library, tapping Share->Export Files, selected the Downloads folder in my quick access list as the destination, tapped OK to accept the settings, and the file was output successfully. I then checked the storage location and no files were impacted by the export. In general, no non-temporary files should be modified or delete by exporting - there is no code in place that would do that. Some files may be placed in the TempState directory if they are going to be uploaded to a cloud service, and then they are deleted after the upload is successful. 

So let me ask this - what was the location you selected in your quick access list? Is this with the Microsoft Store or FastSpring version of MobileSheets? If you backup your library (Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library), uninstall, reinstall, and test again, does the same issue occur?

Thanks,
Mike

I'm using the Microsoft Store version 3.8.26.  I think in the Windows version, you have to set a folder for Mobile Sheets to store the Library song files and I think I added that folder to the Quick Access in File Explorer.  I may have tried to Share - Export the file to the storage folder by mistake when selecting the folder from the Quick Access list.
I tried exporting to a custom storage location (C:\MobileSheets) and I still don't see any files being deleted. You said this is easy for you to reproduce, correct? 

Thanks,
Mike
(02-04-2024, 04:27 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I tried exporting to a custom storage location (C:\MobileSheets) and I still don't see any files being deleted. You said this is easy for you to reproduce, correct? 

Thanks,
Mike

I tried to reproduce it but cannot. I thought I should probably still create a post about it because it happened to me twice so it's got to be related to something I did and both times when this happened, I was testing the Print function and the Share Export function as I was trying to create a file of the song sheet.  Both times, the only file that was left in the folder is the file I was creating for that song sheet plus a file call user_filters.xml in the mobile sheet storage folder that I set in the Settings under Storage location. If it happen to me again, I will do my best to recall the last few steps that I did before so I can provide you with more specific information.  Thanks again for looking into this.
Alright, thanks. I will definitely need a list of steps, as neither the export nor printing feature should be deleting files, so I still don't know how that could have happened.

Mike
(02-05-2024, 05:44 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Alright, thanks. I will definitely need a list of steps, as neither the export nor printing feature should be deleting files, so I still don't know how that could have happened.

Mike

Is there any place where I can see what is the latest version released. 

I have disabled automatic update so the version shown on the About page in Settings only have the version I last updated to. 

I just check the Microsoft Store and see that there is a newer version to the 3.8.26 I have so I updated it to the current 3.8.29 version.  While doing that, I notice there was mention of an error that was fixed in 3.8.27 that relate to folder being deleted when converting to pdf in song editor.  I was actually playing around with trying to convert a Chordpro song sheet to a pdf file when the storage folder was deleted.  Not sure whether it may be related to that.  If it was, then hopefully your fix in 3.8.28 have resolved that already.

I also updated my Android tablet's version to 3.8.29 and on the released notes for the 3.8.27 Android version, it did not mention the delete folder problem that you fixed in the Windows version.  I assume that the deleted folder issue is probably only happening in the Windows version.
That was just an issue with the Windows version. I try to post all the release notes on the forum https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/forum-5.html, but as you can see, I haven't posted the release notes for 3.8.29 yet, as I'm still juggling a lot of other work.

Mike