• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shared/Exported song no longer includes annotations
In the past I have marked up a song and then used the "share" utility to email a copy of the song with all my annotations to my stand mate so we could agree on some style issues.

Today I tried it and the annotations are not included in the exported .pdf file.

My steps:

1) Mark up a song.
2) Long press the song and click "Share" in the upper right hand corner of the screen
3) Click "Share Files" then Gmail.
4) I have confirmed that "Share with annotations" is checked on the "File Sharing Options" dialog.

A .pdf is created, but my annotations are not included.

I also tried exporting to a local file, with the same results.

This was a really handy feature, I hope the fix is simple (and I hope that I haven't missed something obvious...)

Thanks,

-Steve
Please select Share->Export as .msf and send the .msf file to mike@zubersoft.com so I can take a look. I just annotated a PDF, selected Share->Share files, sent the file through gmail and it has all of the annotations on it that I would expect.

Thanks,
Mike
Looks to be another PDF library bug. I'm going to roll everything back to the previous PDF library version until the company can resolve these issues.

Thanks,
Mike
(02-08-2024, 09:38 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Looks to be another PDF library bug. I'm going to roll everything back to the previous PDF library version until the company can resolve these issues.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

I can't tell you how very impressed I am with your quick responses to problems like these.

Once again you have exceed my expectations !!

Thanks so much,

Steve
Steve,

I rolled back the PDF library, and the problem occurred with the previous version as well. So this is actually a problem with this specific PDF. The PDF library is unable to write any annotations to it for some reason (does it have some kind of write protection?) . There are two options to get around this:

1) Embed the annotations in the annotations editor (this seems to work as MobileSheets embeds the annotations in a different way). I can't use the same approach when exporting due to the way all the different options work.
2) Select the option to share iOS compatible annotations. This gets around the issue by rendering by generating an entirely new PDF made up of images that match what is rendered in MobileSheets.

The cropping seems to be incorrect with #2 so I'm investigating that.

Mike

Update:

I have a fix in place for the issue with #2 that I'll include with the next update.
Mike,

I tried an export with a different piece and it works fine, so you are correct that it's something about that piece.

I never thought to check that, and I apologize for the unnecessary fire drill.

Again, I'm sorry I wasted your time.

Steve
Hi Mike. I am having a similar issue with every file. I get that error message unless I untidy every box (export with annotations, cropping etc). I can get around the annotations by embedding as you suggest, but it doesn't solve the cropping problem and I get uncropped files. 

Also printing to pdf doesn't work. I can select options but there is no OK or Go or Print button. 

Regards Stu
Please export one of your songs using Share->Export as .msf and share that .msf with mike@zubersoft.com. I can take a look at what you are working with. As far as the printing, I'm not sure what's going on there, as it looks fine to me, which you can see in the attached screenshot. I'll need to know how this differs from what you are seeing.

Mike

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-22-2024, 04:54 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Please export one of your songs using Share->Export as .msf and share that .msf with mike@zubersoft.com. I can take a look at what you are working with. As far as the printing, I'm not sure what's going on there, as it looks fine to me, which you can see in the attached screenshot. I'll need to know how this differs from what you are seeing.

Mike
Hi Mike. Are you able to shed any light on this?
I've responded to your email. No luck on finding anything yet - your .msf file worked just fine for me and I could print without any problems.

Mike