• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portrait <> Landscape
I like to use my Android phone in Landscape mode. When setting the Face Gesture settings the list of configurable options is not displayed any more (in portrait mode all is visible) . Is the somewhere a shortcut to switch from Landscape to Portrait - ideally the internal sensor should autorotate - currently this function is rather hidden in the settings options. 
Thanks for reply resp. consideration.
There is no toggle at the moment to forcefully switch from portrait to landscape, as that is not something most users would need or want. It's usually just driven by the rotation sensor unless the user prefers to keep the application in one orientation. As far as the issue you are facing, I think a phone in landscape is problematic for that particular screen because the screen is split into two part, and each part is so small that not all of the content can fit. I will have to change the layout on phones to no longer use this approach and instead just make each section a fixed height with the entire screen being scrollable.

Mike
(02-11-2024, 09:00 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: There is no toggle at the moment to forcefully switch from portrait to landscape, as that is not something most users would need or want. It's usually just driven by the rotation sensor unless the user prefers to keep the application in one orientation. As far as the issue you are facing, I think a phone in landscape is problematic for that particular screen because the screen is split into two part, and each part is so small that not all of the content can fit. I will have to change the layout on phones to no longer use this approach and instead just make each section a fixed height with the entire screen being scrollable.

Mike

Thanks for reply. What I try to achieve is  to use songtexts with accords scrolling on the mobile phone and controlling scroll or page changes with face recognition. Will try to configure this on my tablet and then backup restore to phone. Guess thats the pragmatic solution for now.
Ps for some unknown reason autorotate works fine on my tablet but not on the phone. Some apps autorotate some dont - must be some config issue with the GalaxyA12 or bug in android12