• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transpose function and Bar Lines with the Chords
Is there a way to create a song sheet either in .cho or .txt format that contain bar lines that Mobile Sheets will be able to transpose.

Below is what I like to see how the song sheet will shown up in Mobile Sheets with the Transpose and Capo function working on each of the chords.

Intro:      |C  Am  |Dm  G7

|C             Am            |Dm   G7
Verse 1:   This is the lyrics of the song

I can sort of create the Verse line using chordpro format by putting the bar line in the lyrics line but it does not look as clean and accurate as the above and i cannot find a way to do the Intro line and still have it work with the Transpose function with the bar lines.
Is there a reason you can't do:

Intro:    [|][C]  [Am][|][Dm]  [G7]

I believe that should work as I've seen plenty of users do that.

Mike
(02-12-2024, 11:49 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Is there a reason you can't do:

Intro:    [|][C]  [Am][|][Dm]  [G7]

I believe that should work as I've seen plenty of users do that.

Mike

Thanks for the advise, I was able to create the chordpro file that looks like my example and it Transpose properly.  Is there a way that Mobile Sheets will be able to Transpose a pure text file not in chordpro format that have bar lines in between chords in the chord line as shown below:

Intro:        |C  Am  |Dm  G7

|C        Am        |Dm    G7                
Verse  1:     This is the lyrics of the song
Try to type a blank between the bar line and the chord
e.g. | C instead of |C
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(02-12-2024, 10:05 PM)itsme Wrote: Try to type a blank between the bar line and the chord
e.g. | C instead of |C

I tried that and Mobile Sheets treat the chord line as lyrics text when the bar line is there so the Transpose function does not do anything on the chords in that line.
With text files, MobileSheets requires that at least 70% of the characters on the line have to be valid chords in order for it to be considered a chord line. The "Intro:" label in addition to the | characters is going to be problematic for that. You would also want to have spaces as itsme mentioned, otherwise |C is not going to be considered a valid chord. 

Mike
(02-13-2024, 03:48 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: With text files, MobileSheets requires that at least 70% of the characters on the line have to be valid chords in order for it to be considered a chord line. The "Intro:" label in addition to the | characters is going to be problematic for that. You would also want to have spaces as itsme mentioned, otherwise |C is not going to be considered a valid chord. 

Mike

Thanks for the insight.  Since most chords are played for a full bar, as such, the number of | bar lines will probably be more than 30% of the characters on the chord line.  Is there any trick to make it work, ie. ignoring the | character in the chord line or make the ratio 50/50 instead of 70/30.
Using ChordPro as explained before is the way to go.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Chord pro really is the best way to go, but I don't mind adding code to ignore | characters when figuring out the ratio of valid chords to other content on a line. I'll include it for the next update.

Mike
(02-13-2024, 10:07 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Chord pro really is the best way to go, but I don't mind adding code to ignore | characters when figuring out the ratio of valid chords to other content on a line. I'll include it for the next update.

Mike

Thanks for considering this change.  If I am writing new sheets, I will try to follow the chordpro format going forward.  I do have a lot of song sheets that is already created in the format with the | line on the chord line to mark the chord duration and when to change chords lining up with the lyrics and the Transpose function is such a good feature that I like to make use of if possible.