• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Use Mobilesheets Pro android As a External Metronome MIDI input for ableton
Hi. Any MobilesheetsPro + Ableton Live 11 Users?????
I have a question for you.

I use mobile sheets to manage my band's chord sheets and lyrics. Additionally, I use the metronome in MSpro as an input source for our in-ear monitors.

I use Ableton Live 11 for my multitrack, loops, sample, and some VST arpeggios playback so, I want to sync Ableton's internal metronome with MSpro's Metronome via Metronome signal MIDI out From Andoird tablet's USB port( MSpro installed on this) to Ableton's Ext (External Sync Switch)input.

Ableton recognized the tab as a midi input device, but I couldn't find a way to route the midi signal to the Ext input. Can someone help me to resolve this problem?

[Some other 3rd part apps have Ableton link function (link via wifi)  and I saw that the code is now open source. Can we add that option to the MSpro app?
]
Did you make sure to switch the USB input on the tablet to "MIDI"? You can do this on some devices by dragging down from the top of the screen, tap the MIDI entry in the status and switch it to MIDI. You can also get to this within the tablet Settings app. This will ensure the tablet will show up with MIDI input and output ports that other applications can use (I've utilized this to connect it to things like loopMIDI). 

As far as Ableton Link, it's open source, but the license is one where proprietary/commercial applications can't use it without first contacting link-devs@ableton.com. I'm guessing they may charge some kind of licensing fee. I don't have time to look into this right now, but I can revisit it in the future if enough users request it. The LinkKit for iOS doesn't seem to have the same licensing restrictions.

Mike
I already switched my tablet to MIDI mode, But no luck for me.
Please try installing loopMIDI, connect that to your Android device (as it should recognize the input/output ports if the USB is set to MIDI), then connect Ableton live to loopMIDI. If you use enable the sending of the MIDI time clock message in MobileSheets, then Ableton should be able to respond to that to synchronize the metronome tempo. MobileSheets does not currently support synchronizing it's own metronome tempo to an external application's or metronome's tempo.

Mike