• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two page display mode - scrolling with MIDI foot controller
Hello Mike

On a Win 10 desktop I use MobileSheetsPro in two pages display mode. I have connected a Beat Bars foot contoller with two switches. It is configured so the left switch sends a CC40=1 msg, the right switch sends a CC40=2 msg.

In MS I added two MIDI-Actions, one to scroll forward one page with the right foot switch, and another to scroll back with the left foot switch. This works like a charm.

But I would prefer to scroll two pages at once, so I set up the necessary MIDI-Actions. The problem is that scrolling forward two pages works perfectly, but scrolling backward will not. Instead MS will scroll back one page (this can be seen very shortly) and then immediatly scrolls forward one page. As a result it returns to the current pages.

I verified using MIDI-OX that the foot controller does send the correct MIDI msgs as mentioned above, there is no unexpected extra msg being sent.

Please advise, thank you and regards
Michael
Hello Michael,

I cannot reproduce what you have described. I ran the following test:

1) I used loopMIDI to allow me to easily send a MIDI message through sendMIDI
2) I connected MobileSheets to loopMIDI
3) I configured a MIDI action to "Turn Two Pages Backward"
4) I loaded the song, turned to page 5 and triggered the MIDI action. It turned back to page 3
5) I tested again with the page turn mode set to two pages. It once again turned back to page 3

So everything works as I would expect. Is there something I'm missing? You can export your settings under Settings->Backup and Restore->Export Settings and email them to mike@zubersoft.com so I can test with your settings to see if that matters.

Thanks,
Mike
Hello Mike

I have a second instance of MSPro running on a Win10-tablet. I use a second BeatBars controller for scrolling pages on that tablet via rtpMIDI over WLAN. I never used the dual page setup on the tablet, but your post inspired me to try exactly that. Guess what, it worked! I then compared the display settings of both MSPro instances, and immediately found the parameter causing the reported behaviour: "Umblätter-Animation abschalten" (in English (?) "turn off scroll animation"). If you turn on the parameter (Umblätter-Animation abschalten = ein), MSPro will not scroll back two pages.

It's a minor bug, and now I set "Umblätter-Animation abschalten = aus" as a workaround. The drawback is that now the page scrolls in two steps. Rather I would prefer to immediately jump to the next two pages. Would be great if you could resolve that small bug in a future version.

Thanks for listening and your help, much appreciated!

Regards, MIchael
Thanks, I'll look into that and get it fixed if I can reproduce it.

Mike
This was a copy/paste error that only impacts the Windows version. In the block of code that should turn the second page backward, it instead was turning a page forward, making it seem like nothing happened. I've fixed the issue for the next update.

Thanks for identifying the problem,
Mike
Awesome, Mike!