• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collection filter for genres cannot be stored
I'd like to select my songs for genres.
Therefore I add the new genre guitar to the genres available.
Next I select a song and add that genre to it - so far everything works fine.
Next step is generating a new collection (let's say name Guitar Songs), which lists songs only that are tagged with the genre guitar.
So far, this works fine.
Now I enter the Save key, and the collection lost the genre filter setting.
I couldn't find a way to handle this.
Neither in Windows 11 nor in Android 13.
I think, there's an implementation bug.

Am I wright or wrong?
Regards
Klaus
Any filter that is set in the group editor is a temporary thing that will be cleared when you leave the group editor unless you uncheck Settings->Library Settings->Reset Filters After Exiting Group Editor. Then any filter change you make will remain when you return to the library screen. I'm guessing that's the problem here, but if it's not, I'm going to need more information on how you are generating the collection, as there are many different ways to go about doing that. Also, please be aware that filters are not set per-group. The filter is applied to every tab on the library screen and to whatever group is currently selected on a group tab. These filters are cleared if you restart the app unless you enable the option to automatically load last used filters at startup.

Mike
(02-18-2024, 05:22 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Any filter that is set in the group editor is a temporary thing that will be cleared when you leave the group editor unless you uncheck Settings->Library Settings->Reset Filters After Exiting Group Editor. Then any filter change you make will remain when you return to the library screen. I'm guessing that's the problem here, but if it's not, I'm going to need more information on how you are generating the collection, as there are many different ways to go about doing that. Also, please be aware that filters are not set per-group. The filter is applied to every tab on the library screen and to whatever group is currently selected on a group tab. These filters are cleared if you restart the app unless you enable the option to automatically load last used filters at startup.

Mike

Thank you very much for the response. Disabling the ->Reset Filters After Exiting Group Editor as well as activating the latest filter settings changes a lot.
I'm exploring - it looks much better now.
Regards
Klaus