• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
generate mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt
Question 
Is there a way to generate mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt locally? If I understand correctly, it is generated in the synchronization process.

My problem is this: for whatever reason, the only way I can get my Windows MobileSheets to properly update the OneDrive cloud is to delete mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt in the OneDrive folder. This unfortunately results in deleting all of the song files and re-uploading them. This is a slow process and also fills up the recycle bin.

I "manually" maintain all of the files other than mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt into the OneDrive folder, because I synchronize my Windows machines simply by using the OneDrive folder as the database storage location. But, for synchronizing Android and iPad versions, I use the actual "synchronize to a cloud folder" method.

So, it seems to me if I could generate the mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt and replace the obsolete one in the OneDrive folder, then the Androids and iPads would have all the data necessary to update only the new and modified files -- without my having to delete and re-upload all of the song files from the server computer. My understanding is that the practical result of this whole process is to generate the new hashcodes file, since I have previously already uploaded the current mobilesheets.db and each new or modified song file.

(When I try to simply "update" the cloud, synchronization crashes upon encountering the first new or modified file. I understand from prior support discussion that this is a malfunction, but my MobileSheets installation is too complex to "start over" with a fresh install and try and troubleshoot the issue ...)

Synchronization from the cloud to the Adroids and iPads works fine, once I have gone through the re-upload process ...
Rather than trying to generate your own hashcodes, you would be better off getting Mike to investgate your problem (if you go your own way, you will hit a problem if/when the format of the file changes).

Mike: The op says his recyle bin is being filled up during the sync - how about not putting a replaced file in the bin?

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
The sync folder should not be modified by anything other than MobileSheets. It's not designed to be used that way - if you want to use the cloud sync functionality, you have to let MobileSheets manage those files. This is because the database that is stored in the cloud folder does not match the database on the device - it maps all of the file paths to cloud file paths. If you modify these folders or the files underneath them, the database will then no longer be pointing to valid file paths. So it won't matter if you do update the hashcodes file (which would be difficult), because the database itself has relative file paths that you've modified. There is also the matter of all of the last modified timestamps which would no longer be correct if you are manually modifying files under the sync folder (in addition to the hashes that are calculated).

I think you should keep your sync folder separate from the OneDrive folder you are synchronizing to your Windows device. Then when you are ready to sync to Android or iOS, just sync one of the Windows devices to the sync folder to push the latest changes, and then you can pull those changes on Android and iOS. The push shouldn't take long as it will only process the delta from the last push, and the same is true when pulling down the changes.

Mike