• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to manage PDFs with multiple parts?
Regarding pdf tools: 
I'm using pdf24 since quite some years (absolutely free of charge), and I'm very happy with it.
Yes, it lacks some in-page editing features.
But for all the page oriented tasks, like splitting into separate files or combining mutliple single files to one big it works perfect.

Regarding multiple instances of the same song: 
I would also propose the csv method, so you will have the file stored only once, but multiple independent songs in the database, one for each of the parts.
However, this would mean that you have to create this splitting on beforehand.
If your usecase is more like: at the final rehearsal it is decided which part you will need, then the way of copying and changing the used pages will be more useful.
Andreas
---------------------------------
MS Surface Pro7, Win10;  Samsung 10" tablet, Android;   MouKey foot pedal
(02-20-2024, 04:08 PM)Lawrie Wrote: Wouldn't it be simpler to create a CSV file and use it to import each part and just use the single PDF? 
I was not familiar with that feature.  It does seem to be applicable to my case.  For others wanting to reference this, it is described in https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/M...etsPro.pdf starting on the page numbers 36 (actually page 43 of the document).

The document doesn't include any examples, so I find it a bit confusing.  I see there are multiple posts on the forum, so hopefully I can find some examples there.

Thanks for the reference.

I found a video that discusses all the importing options. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mWkW0jidFA
However, it only briefly mentions CSV bookmarks and says there is another video that covers that in depth.  But I can't find that other video.  It would be nice if the related videos had links in the Youtube description.  Can anybody find the video that talks about importing CSV bookmarks?
I use MobileSheets on a Chromebook notebook because this has a larger screen than any tablet I can afford.
The CSV import video has not been released yet. The plan was for it to be released sooner, but I'm waiting on another person who is contracted to help produce the videos. I didn't want to have to update the original video once the CSV video was released, so the script just references it even though it's not available yet. Sorry for any confusion that caused.

Mike
(02-21-2024, 05:24 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The CSV import video has not been released yet. The plan was for it to be released sooner, but I'm waiting on another person who is contracted to help produce the videos. I didn't want to have to update the original video once the CSV video was released, so the script just references it even though it's not available yet. Sorry for any confusion that caused.

Mike

OK.  Thanks.  I have already split the music into separate files, so I am OK for now, but I will probably switch over to the CSV method in the future.
I use MobileSheets on a Chromebook notebook because this has a larger screen than any tablet I can afford.