• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep notation layers nested
Hi,

I've just started using layers more and more to keep diffferent information separate and have found them really useful. However I haven't found a way to keep the different layers compacted when I open up the layers window - the active layer (the one I'm editing) always reverts to showing "freeform 1, freeform 2, freeform 3 etc. etc.". I don't need to access or changes these sub-layers very frequently so I would find it much easier if the default was to open up compacted. As it is when the layers window opens I can't see my other layers immediately. 

As always I love this program and I apologise in advance if I'm asking something that is already possible!

Many thanks,

Ben
I can look into adding a new icon to the right of the link icon that controls whether or not the active layer is automatically expanded. I'll need to introduce some long-press tooltips for things like this so that users can understand what it's for without having to consult the manual.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks as always for the prompt reply, that would be a brilliant inclusion if possible. As always absolutely love this software, I can't tell you the number of hours of use it's had and I tell all my students and colleagues to use it over the far inferior alternatives!

Best,

Ben
Just to follow up, this was added in version 3.8.32 which is now available.

Mike