• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setlists- Set break insert feature with cumulative time indication
Hi folks,  new convert to MSP from forScore & Setlist Helper, love the ease & functionality of MobileSheets. Great work you’ve done and are doing! However, one function that seems pretty fundamental in Setlist planning I can’t find is the ability to insert a set break which would indicate cumulative duration of preceding songs up to point of the end of that part or break of the entire set-list. Assuming it’s fairly common to use one Setlist for one gig and  also common if your performing more than one set during the gig (eg 1st half of show then later second half of show, there is no set break feature. Have searched forum to see if previously suggested, all can find is suggestion of use placeholder, which, ok, can give a text/visual marker saying break/interval/end of 1st set, whatever text you choose to input to placeholder, but that wouldn’t indicate duration elapsed to that point, I.E. how long you’ve played. Will attach screenshot from the app SetlistHelper as example. Apologies if the feature DOES exist and I’m stupidly missing it. Where the set breaks , interval /end entries are visible in the screenshot from app SetlistHelper , the app adds the duration data and auto inserts the sub total/ totals. This would be so helpful in MSP.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I use 2 setlists. one for each half. MobileSheets to set to display the length of each setlist in the setlists display (not sure how you are displaying duration of individual songs e.g. manual edit of name or using MS to add it to the displayed caption)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Photo 
(02-29-2024, 02:36 PM)AccordionAndy Wrote: Hi folks,  new convert to MSP from forScore & Setlist Helper, love the ease & functionality of MobileSheets. Great work you’ve done and are doing! However, one function that seems pretty fundamental in Setlist planning I can’t find is the ability to insert a set break which would indicate cumulative duration of preceding songs up to point of the end of that part or break of the entire set-list. Assuming it’s fairly common to use one Setlist for one gig and  also common if your performing more than one set during the gig (eg 1st half of show then later second half of show, there is no set break feature. Have searched forum to see if previously suggested, all can find is suggestion of use placeholder, which, ok, can give a text/visual marker saying break/interval/end of 1st set, whatever text you choose to input to placeholder, but that wouldn’t indicate duration elapsed to that point, I.E. how long you’ve played. Will attach screenshot from the app SetlistHelper as example. Apologies if the feature DOES exist and I’m stupidly missing it. Where the set breaks , interval /end entries are visible in the screenshot from app SetlistHelper , the app adds the duration data and auto inserts the sub total/ totals. This would be so helpful in MSP.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2648]

Create a new piece/song called INTERVAL (can include dd/mm/yy) and set the time. In Library Settings under Piece Title Formatting I included Album called duration.

(03-01-2024, 12:55 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: (not sure how you are displaying duration of individual songs)

Geoff

In Library Settings under "Piece Title Formatting" click on "Caption Format". Under "Fields" click on three dots for more options where you can find "Duration".
@otnt
I know that - just wondering the op is adding the to file namerather thanusing the formattg option.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(03-01-2024, 12:55 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: I use 2 setlists. one for each half. MobileSheets to set to display the length of each setlist in the setlists display (not sure how you are displaying duration of individual songs e.g. manual edit of name or using MS to add it to the displayed caption)

Geoff
Hi Geoff, thanks, yeah had thought on that as a workaround, it'd just be much handier with one setlist per gig. I'd have thought it possible for a special "song entry" called "break" or similar coded to include something similar to a spreadsheet formula that would've cumulatively totalled the preceding songs to thst point in the setlist
I simply made a song file named ---BREAK--- with no associated file. It simply displays as a blank page and serves the purpose well. You can assign a duration if you want.
Addressing this request is absolutely on my list of things to do, as I've gotten a fair number of requests for it over the years. I'm finally past the extremely time consuming and difficult work I've had to do related to the Windows ARM rendering problems (I'll be releasing an update tomorrow), so I'm hoping I'll actually be able to focus on new features like this soon. I have to deliver the chord pro changes first though, as I'm part way through that.

Mike
(03-01-2024, 06:33 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Addressing this request is absolutely on my list of things to do, as I've gotten a fair number of requests for it over the years. I'm finally past the extremely time consuming and difficult work I've had to do related to the Windows ARM rendering problems (I'll be releasing an update tomorrow), so I'm hoping I'll actually be able to focus on new features like this soon. I have to deliver the chord pro changes first though, as I'm part way through that.

Mike
Thanks Mike, congratulations and much appreciation for a really great, user friendly, intuitive, cross platform  app

Andy
(03-01-2024, 04:49 AM)mdavej Wrote: I simply made a song file named ---BREAK--- with no associated file. It simply displays as a blank page and serves the purpose well. You can assign a duration if you want.

Thanks all, yeah I'd worked out there are several similar workarounds that work in the interim for many and I appreciate that. Don't want to have two or more setlists for an individual gig (eg spot 1, spot 2 and so on) and I just didn't see need to have to create "ghost " or "non songs" to placemark break in a part set, when it seems could be possible/advantageous  for the system to include the feature.. I've possibly not explained adequately.  Just looking for feature as originally described , it wouldn't create a non song title entry, only appear where you want to place it in a setlist and indicate the sub total duration to that point in the gig. Thanks for taking time to reply, appreciated, great forum and great app from Mike & team