• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of tool requests
Hi,

Been working entirely with the android pad and Mobilesheets pro in the orchestra for about a year now and I just wanted to post a collection of dreams for future updates/additions:

1. Single empty stave request ( I made an own post about this some time ago)
Give us an option to pull out and resize a single staff of empty score. This way, I can both write out a specific bass line in chord charts, as well as make page turns easier by writing out the first couple of bars on the next page. The double staff is only usefull for keyboard players, for the rest of us it takes up too much real estate. I'm already cropping all my parts as hard as I can...

2. Option to turn the eraser into a pen with white colour and some kind of user defined width of the pen/brush.
This is for erasing old pencil markings in orchestral parts. Especially usefull when we get bowing changes, which happens all the time. When getting a scenned PDF from parts with bowings penciled in, this turns messy rather quickly. Right now I'm using the felt pen with the solid white colour, but I also like to have this available with a see through green to highlight repeats and other important stuff.

3. Some sort of user defined favorite settings for each tool, Sorry if this already excists. I'm thinking of various definitions of the felt marker tool. I sometimes want it a solid colour, other times see through (see the request above) and it would make sense to quicky be able to shift between these in a rehersal setting, it takes ectra time to choose various degrees of see through, the different sizes etc.

4. A per page dependant setting for how the pages are turned. With todays way of doing it (either one or the other) as default, but user selectable. What I'm looking for is to be able to change whole pages all through a piece, but for instance at the bottom of page 9 I want to hit the pedal and get a half page turn to see both the bottom of page 9 and then top of page 10. 
Often I only need this for a couple of page turns during a piece, and it gets annoying to have to hit the pedal twice as often through the entire piece when this is not needed.

Hopeful and fingers crossed....:-)

Frode
(Oslo Philharmonic)
For Point 2 and 3:

You could save every preset for your pen or other Tool in the favourites. After setting up your pen Go to the Star ar the top panel and press the plus Icon. 
You could set up a white pen there too..
You will have access to your saved favourites there, or through the command Bar. (the Symbol next to the layers panel)
And the switching is really easy. I have there multiple colors and also one white pen too...
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
(03-04-2024, 11:55 PM)McAroni Wrote: For Point 2 and 3:

You could save every preset for your pen or other Tool in the favourites. After setting up your pen Go to the Star ar the top panel and press the plus Icon. 
You could set up a white pen there too..
You will have access to your saved favourites there, or through the command Bar. (the Symbol next to the layers panel)
And the switching is really easy. I have there multiple colors and also one white pen too...

Brilliant, thanks!

Using the app for a long time and never thought about this possibility...:-)

Frode
Yes, there is a way to do occasional half page turns with foot controls, by having 4 pedals/keys. Set half page turns for the whole piece. Then in foot pedal settings, set the 4 pedals -- "turn 2 pages" will now turn one whole page, and "turn page" will now turn a half page. But you will still be stuck swiping a half page at a time with your fingers.
iPad Pro 12.9" 5th gen, iPadOS17. Samsung tablet, Android14. Samsung cell phone (Note10Lite), Android13.