• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Color Theme on e-Ink
Hi! New user here. I'm using MobileSheets on an e-Ink device.
I've used another app and the performance was great but I just replaced it with MobileSheets due to UX and functionality. Generally I use very basic functions - a list of PDFs and (rarely) the metronome.

The device itself feels great but I have an issue with MobileSheets theme colors. In the default mode, none of the dialogs are visible due to the low contrast between the colors. This requires adjusting the color settings on the tablet itself, plus adding an outline on the text, just to make the text visible. These are issues that have a workaround.

However, the interface of the application itself can't be adjusted. As it is dark, it requires frequent full refreshes of the screen. Much more than if the theme was light. While I prefer dark themes on a device with an LED screen, on an e-ink this is counter-productive. It causes delays and uses more battery for refreshes.

Hence, I'd like to ask if it is possible to adjust the theme colors in some way - either by adding separate dark/light themes, or allowing customization, or adjusting the single theme overall. I'd like to get some of your ideas and would be happy to test any proposals on an actual device.
It sounds like you aren't using the e-ink version of MobileSheets. That version is distributed through my store here: https://zubersoft.onfastspring.com/

If you accidentally purchaesd the Google Play version and have no use for it, please contact me at mike@zubersoft.com and I'll help you with this so long as the purchase was very recent. 

If you are using the e-ink version, everything should be black on white, so I don't think you should have any issues with contrast.

Mike
Oh, thanks for the prompt response! Yes, I purchased the app on Play Store last night for the small gigs in the next two days. The Boox Note Air supports the Play Store so I didn't think of it much. I liked your app, tried with the trial version and it had all I was looking for.

Great. I'll be in touch via email and will check out the store. I'm sure we can work something out. Many thanks!